It's a Girl!!

Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:20 am
Badge

Talking It's a Girl!!

She's a beauty. 6lb, 7 oz. Everyone says she looks like her father. She was feeding within minutes of being born, and has slept through 2 nights without crying. We were woken last night by the women next door though ;-)

Mother praised on a textbook birth, but somehow I knew she had in it her. Her fitness and focus proved invaluable. I did have a little cry when I saw her in tears at one point when she was finding it tough but she pushed for 35mins.
She'd first got a contraction 24 hours before, but had then walked 3k to the steak house for a fortifying evening meal with her parents. We were in hospital by 2am and she gave birth at 5pm the same day.

She's a natural, just as all her friends said. We're back home just after lunch as I was hungry so we bludged one more meal before discharge.

As an aside; we decided to forgo the private route as we didn't want an overzealous doctor with an Excel spreadsheet going for the C-section too soon, the public midwife led hospital we went to was fantastic, and I can't fault the professionalism or the attitude of the midwives. They were all great, the baby's 3rd name is the midwive's name, I'd have liked to have added a 4th name for the other midwife but thought all the CenterLink bizo would get unduely laborious.

Thank God I live in Australia and on the terms we find ourselves in, can take her home to a beautiful little house with a bit of land she can grow up on, and that I can take 2 weeks off work and not have to worry about money at the moment and have a company that have been so supportive I almost cried. We couldn't have done it in the UK. I am really looking forward to learning more about this amazing country with my own little Aussie.

cheers

Badge

Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's a Girl!!

Congratulations Daddy Badge!

Mrs JTL
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, congratulations, brought a tear to my eye.

I hope you have a fantastic future. It brought a lump to my throat as I thought of my feelings when my two were born. Need to remember that more often instead of the frustration I feel at all the fighting !
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:26 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
She's a beauty. 6lb, 7 oz. Everyone says she looks like her father. She was feeding within minutes of being born, and has slept through 2 nights without crying. We were woken last night by the women next door though ;-)

Mother praised on a textbook birth, but somehow I knew she had in it her. Her fitness and focus proved invaluable. I did have a little cry when I saw her in tears at one point when she was finding it tough but she pushed for 35mins.
She'd first got a contraction 24 hours before, but had then walked 3k to the steak house for a fortifying evening meal with her parents. We were in hospital by 2am and she gave birth at 5pm the same day.

She's a natural, just as all her friends said. We're back home just after lunch as I was hungry so we bludged one more meal before discharge.

As an aside; we decided to forgo the private route as we didn't want an overzealous doctor with an Excel spreadsheet going for the C-section too soon, the public midwife led hospital we went to was fantastic, and I can't fault the professionalism or the attitude of the midwives. They were all great, the baby's 3rd name is the midwive's name, I'd have liked to have added a 4th name for the other midwife but thought all the CenterLink bizo would get unduely laborious.

Thank God I live in Australia and on the terms we find ourselves in, can take her home to a beautiful little house with a bit of land she can grow up on, and that I can take 2 weeks off work and not have to worry about money at the moment and have a company that have been so supportive I almost cried. We couldn't have done it in the UK. I am really looking forward to learning more about this amazing country with my own little Aussie.

cheers

Badge

Congratulations Badge.
Do we get to find out what her name is?
She sounds like a beauty.
You've got my tubes in knots, can't wait to have another little bubba of my own.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:28 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Badge, I did post on another thread the good news & I think you got some replies there as well. Just running back out the door, been flat out busy, but wanted to say a quick congratulations to you & MrsB.

(PS. 3 names, bloody hell, hope she never has to go to the RTA for a licence or to register a car )
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:28 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

Badge
Congratulations! It`s lovely to see how proud you are of both the Missus & wee one!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Congratulations- me and the hubbie have just decided to start trying for a baby so this has got me all excited- plus we dont have medical insurance yet so will have to go public so am pleased to hear that its good.
Best wishes for the wonderful times ahead

Nat xx
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:31 am
Badge

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hiya Badge, I did post on another thread the good news & I think you got some replies there as well. Just running back out the door, been flat out busy, but wanted to say a quick congratulations to you & MrsB.

(PS. 3 names, bloody hell, hope she never has to go to the RTA for a licence or to register a car )
Character building, Mrs D, character building. Her mum's surname is also 3 words long too!!!!!! Potentially a 7 word name lol.

Where is your post?

Badge

Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the little badgette, can we get a piccy. Make the most of the sleeping at night we had one like that the other two screamed the house down
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Congratulations!! And well done Mrs Badge. Your wife sounds like a midwives dream client - fit, focussed and strong (can I be her midwife next time?). Enjoy your new addition - she will change you life.
Rachel
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:34 am
ABCDiamond

Everyone says she looks like her father.
Oh well, she can't have everything

But, serious Congratulations It's been 9 years since I was in your shoes, but it feels like yesterday.

Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:38 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
You've got my tubes in knots, can't wait to have another little bubba of my own.
Well that could be a little tricky then.....
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:38 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Badge and to your lovely wife......your little bubs will lighten your life no end with her beautiful smile and gentle love..!! Enjoy her...!!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Many congratulations

SS
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:40 am
Badge

Originally Posted by RReed
Congratulations!! And well done Mrs Badge. Your wife sounds like a midwives dream client - fit, focussed and strong (can I be her midwife next time?). Enjoy your new addition - she will change you life.
Rachel
Lol all the midwives loved her. At the antenatal classes, I think they'd marked her card.

Badge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.