British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   its getting harder (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/its-getting-harder-261048/)

JayDeee Oct 19th 2004 6:17 pm

its getting harder

Well today was my last day at work, was so so really nothing to write hoime about and I can definately say I am goin to wake up 2moro morning and want to go back to the place.

As you know we aretravelling on staff travel to Perth, we, hubby, me and sister were all suposed to leave today but my sister couldn't get the day off so whe is working 2moro and we are flying out after work.

so today we were looking at the amount of passengers booked and basically there is the smallest of chances (ie non exictent)of us all getting on, my husband can travel without me but my sister cant so at 1.30 today we decided to pack him off today so we had more chance of all gettgin there. so he has gone to the airport to catch 2nights flight, we dont know if he has managed to get on yet and will find out in a few hours. it was the weirdest thing, I sudenly got all emotional seeing someone go through all them last goodbyes has really shown me how hard this time 2moro is goin to be for me.

I cant believe how much harder this is than you expect before the time comes, I'm off to dinner in a min with our closest friends which my husband is also suposed to be at so that is gonna be really sad and I feel so guilty that he cant be there, If I could have gone 2day I would have but it would have meant my sister not making it to Perth.

This is the second time I have tried to fly to Hong KOng on staff travel whilst all the kids are goin home to their parents for half term, and hopefully the last

Anyway I'll shut up blabbing on, go and have my meal and a few drinks and start all over again 2moro.

JD

Go Banana's !! Oct 19th 2004 10:48 pm

Re: its getting harder

Have a good trip Kala, see you on the other side !!

Best wishes

Warren
1 week to go................. !! :D

Hels Oct 19th 2004 10:57 pm

Re: its getting harder

Kala,

I definatly understand where you are coming from regarding the emotional aspect of the airport. It took me by surprise when the Hubby and I left and how emotional it was. You can tell yourself you expect it and you can even try to imagine what it will be like, but I can tell you now....You got no idea until you are actually there and about to walk through to get on the plane. It will be one of the hardest things you ever have to do and certainly the hardest part of the whole "moving to Oz" experience in my opinion.

Even 5-6 weeks down the track, it still effects my Hubby. Not so much for me as it wasnt my family I was saying goodbye too. Unfortunatly, there is not alot you can do to prepare yourself for it except tell no one to come to the airport to wave you off, and most dont see that as an option.

I wish you guys all the luck in the world with your new venture, and I cant wait till the Hubby and I can get over West and visit!!

Hels
xxx