Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Old May 24th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

I thought the wait for visa was hell, then we got it, look back at it, and it wasn't too bad of wait, then came the selling of the house which hasn't been sold yet, as we have had a lot of problem with the first estate agent, now we are with someone else, then my hubby said lets go to oz end of June to save some money, rather than going in August.
well you wont believe it, all these lovely prices are non-existent, once you call them the total they give you, gives you a heart attack, once they include the airport taxes.
so we said ok lets go, and then they tell you there is no seat.
very stressful, I be the size of elephant, stress makes me eat.
so I have found travel agent through teletext, he said no flights at all to Adelaide for 27 of June on ward, fully
booked so we said try Melbourne, he has found 5 seat with one night stop over, advertise on the net for £2781, guess how much we have been quoted for on the phone £3401, what the difference.
So I dont know what to do, cause the say from 1st of July prices would double.
I hope we can find place in Melbourne to stay for a few nights before we go to Adelaide, ok I am trying to be positive.

now we still have to ship things over once we have sold the house, get jobs, wow so much stress still to come our way.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:09 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I thought the wait for visa was hell, then we got it, look back at it, and it wasn't too bad of wait, then came the selling of the house which hasn't been sold yet, as we have had a lot of problem with the first estate agent, now we are with someone else, then my hubby said lets go to oz end of June to save some money, rather than going in August.
well you wont believe it, all these lovely prices are non-existent, once you call them the total they give you, gives you a heart attack, once they include the airport taxes.
so I have found travel agent through teletext, he said no flights at all to Adelaide for 27 of June on ward, fully
booked so we said try Melbourne, he has found 5 seat with one night stop over, advertise on the net for £2781, guess how much we have been quoted for on the phone £3401, what the difference.
I hope we can find place in Melbourne to stay for a few nights before we go to Adelaide, ok I am trying to be positive.

now we still have to ship things over once we have sold the house, get jobs, wow so much stress still to come our way.
Try emerald travel and the emirates website.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

have you booked the flight?

I ask because on www.singaporeair.com your price includes tax and I have found the prices to be less than £1700 for 3 adults and 1 child for the middle - end of June
Old May 24th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking at one way or return?

Found leaving London to Adl 27 June £2800 2 ad & 3 kids through Travelocity.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Sydney and get a virgin Blue connection.

There are very few direct international flights to Adelaide and they are usually more expensive.

Try the Airline network or similar.

G
Old May 24th 2006, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Are you looking at one way or return?

Found leaving London to Adl 27 June £2800 2 ad & 3 kids through Travelocity.
Same date and details £2099 INC TAX with singapore airlines
Old May 24th 2006, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

£2077 inc TAX with www.asda-travel.co.uk
Old May 24th 2006, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,
its for £3501 something, but it doesn't mean they have the seats available, I have been to London all day, nothing , gone to local travel agents, nothing, been on the net, they say they do have it, but once you book, it ask you to phone them, thats when the problems start.
can things go anymore wrong, its 3 adults & 2 children.
have you booked yours yet recently?
Old May 24th 2006, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Wendy,
its for £3501 something, but it doesn't mean they have the seats available, I have been to London all day, nothing , gone to local travel agents, nothing, been on the net, they say they do have it, but once you book, it ask you to phone them, thats when the problems start.
I can't actually book until we get an exchange date. But will be on the first available flight after that. We can stay at MIL's so it doesn't really matter if the flights are a few weeks or a month after we sell.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thebears
Try emerald travel and the emirates website.
just done the emirates it has come to £4601.90 so much, for june.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:46 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wendy,
I think www.airline-network.co.uk only show flights that have seats available - in fact yes I'm sure, when you go through it they show ticks next to the flights that have seats
Old May 24th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Go to Sydney and get a virgin Blue connection.

There are very few direct international flights to Adelaide and they are usually more expensive.

Try the Airline network or similar.

G
We did it via Melbourne last year and caught a Virgin Blue flight to Adelaide.

If you're going to do this and have lots of bags - check what the excess baggage charges will be (it's on their website). It might cancel out any saving on your main flight.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

www.expedia.co.uk

Book online, 2 adults, 3 kids, 27/6/06 London - Adelaide, £434.40 avg/person (£2,172.00 total) with Malaysian
Old May 24th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
£2077 inc TAX with www.asda-travel.co.uk
did in fact did Asda last night, it came to £ 3643.90 but it seems on price they put on the net but totally different. I went to going places this morning, and she said look I can get all five of you for £2885 inc taxes.
I said go for it, then she said I've got to call, I said ok, then she said the best they can do is for £4500 with Singapore airline, that is not even guaranteed.
she said to me book before 26 of juneJuneu can get cheap seats after 26, you wont find it easy. we cant do before 27 juneJune
Old May 24th 2006, 12:03 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

did in fact did Asda last night, it came to £ 3643.90 but it seems on price they put on the net but totally different. I went to going places this morning, and she said look I can get all five of you for £2885 inc taxes.
I said go for it, then she said I've got to call, I said ok, then she said the best they can do is for £4500 with Singapore airline, that is not even guaranteed.
she said to me book before 26 of juneJuneu can get cheap seats after 26, you wont find it easy. we cant do before 27 juneJune
Where are you flying from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.