Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its been bloody chaos!!

Its been bloody chaos!!

Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Its been bloody chaos!!

We have finally moved into our own pad, but the last week has been a nightmare. What with trying to move and scrub up the rental, ready to hand back the keys to the Real Estate. I didnt know whether I was coming or going.
Poor old Jill phoned me 'in between one of my runs from one house to the other'and all she got was aload of jibberish!!
Mick has worked really, hard to get the place decorated. he had the keys a few weeks prior to settlement and has spent every spare minute down here decorating. Bearing in mind the poor bloke starts work at 5.30am every morning.
Anyway we are in now and it is just great.The place looks like a showhouse, even the boys are chuffed with their rooms!!
lampard isnt too sure though.....wandering around in a daze, being a bit of a baby and crying if you make eye contact with him.
Oh...........and I STILL have a cold, seriously sore throat and a cough like Ive had 60 fags all at once!! (wish I did have the fags....packed them up a year ago, after smoking for 25 years, just got a fat ar*e now!!!)
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Its been bloody chaos!!

I bet it feels good to have somewhere to call "home" at last. I remember feeling like that after 8months in a rental. At least you didn't move a few days before Christmas like us! Absolutely awful! Hope you'll be very happy in your new home. Are you still in Kinross?

All the best

Loopy
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:13 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We have finally moved into our own pad, but the last week has been a nightmare. What with trying to move and scrub up the rental, ready to hand back the keys to the Real Estate. I didnt know whether I was coming or going.
Poor old Jill phoned me 'in between one of my runs from one house to the other'and all she got was aload of jibberish!!
Mick has worked really, hard to get the place decorated. he had the keys a few weeks prior to settlement and has spent every spare minute down here decorating. Bearing in mind the poor bloke starts work at 5.30am every morning.
Anyway we are in now and it is just great.The place looks like a showhouse, even the boys are chuffed with their rooms!!
lampard isnt too sure though.....wandering around in a daze, being a bit of a baby and crying if you make eye contact with him.
Oh...........and I STILL have a cold, seriously sore throat and a cough like Ive had 60 fags all at once!! (wish I did have the fags....packed them up a year ago, after smoking for 25 years, just got a fat ar*e now!!!)
congrats on the move and well done with staying off the fags for a year
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hiya Loopy,

yep, we are still in Kinross. We did look at Somerley, as we feel it will 'the place' to live in the next few years. However Jake is still at Kinross College, and he also has loads of friends in Kinross, so that reaaly helped us with our decision. Havent seen Jake all day today, as he is out with friends, so at least we know that he is happy staying here.

we LOVED our rental. It was massive with a beautiful pool. Mick had even decorated throughout, BUT it wasnt home. The owner did ask if we wanted to buy it, but he asked a ridiculous price. :scared:

Cant believe how tiring house moving is. We have just 3 boxes left to unpack, but the kitchen looks a right mess. Never mind!!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soapy
congrats on the move and well done with staying off the fags for a year

Might be off the fags but the ar*e is competing with Dawn French's!!!!
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Really really pleased for ya matey. We are doing the open house circuit at the mo and the kids are fed up getting dragged about, but hopefully we'll be going through all that ourselves soon, I can't face another inspection!!
Take care
Larissa
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Might be off the fags but the ar*e is competing with Dawn French's!!!!

oh so your a vicar then?
Old Jul 17th 2005, 1:17 pm
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Its been bloody chaos!!

Makes a change, usually me talking the gibberish LOL

You sounded ok to me, just a little stressed. Glad you survived in one piece.

Will call you in the next few days and catch up.

Love Jill