Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's been a beautiful day here on the gold coast

It's been a beautiful day here on the gold coast

Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default It's been a beautiful day here on the gold coast

Hi everyone..
just wanted to share this with you, as after being here just over a year, still feel priviledged to be living in this beautiful part of the world.
Woke up at 6am this morning, took our puppy down to Tallebudgera doggie beach for an hour to run and exercise... Lovely blue sky day, with nice warm sunshine. Went shopping and now home to have a spa- sip on some bubbly and start the barbecue!!
life is good, and we are living it to the full
I remember about 18 months ago just dreaming of this lifestyle, now we are actually living it!!!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:44 am
Just Joined

happybunny79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's been a beautiful day here on the gold coast

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Hi everyone..
just wanted to share this with you, as after being here just over a year, still feel priviledged to be living in this beautiful part of the world.
Woke up at 6am this morning, took our puppy down to Tallebudgera doggie beach for an hour to run and exercise... Lovely blue sky day, with nice warm sunshine. Went shopping and now home to have a spa- sip on some bubbly and start the barbecue!!
I remember about 18 months ago just dreaming of this lifestyle, now we are actually living it!!!
So nice to read a post like this.....103 more sleeps until we are living the dream too! My OH (being a keen surfer) is adamant that we move to the GC but I am worried about work out there - is there enough to go around?!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

Work wise, depends what field you are in.. My OH was a police officer in both the UK and SA.. however was adamant that he wasn't going down that line again. It's taken him a year to get into a job using some of his skills with Qld government, he was forced to take jobs in warehouses, labouring, clerical until the right job came along.. character building he says... however when we came over here to activate our visa in 2006 we decided where we wanted to live and were determined to find jobs as close to home as possible.
I was fortunate enough to get a transfer through the company i worked for in the UK - and the job is even better here than it was there.
So I think a lot depends on the type of character you are and how much you want the lifestyle. good luck...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Hi everyone..
i think we've just spoken on another thread so hi again. Thanks for the post it has a real feel good factor,hope to be joining you soon, we fly on wed. eve. after a long hard two years!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:01 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Was 38 degrees here yesterday! Splashed about in the pool, sipped an ice cold Bud on the pool steps. Had my evening meal on the balcony.

Today, it's wet and 19 degrees.

Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:16 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Brrrrrrrr its been cold in the UK (well Lincs anyway) on Tuesday felt the nip in the air so I think winter's here
Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:40 am
Just Joined

happybunny79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks sa2uk2oz! We spent 6 months in Australia on a WHV about 3 years ago, fell in love with the place then and started the application soon after getting back to the UK. We tried to get work around the GC back then and battled to find anything. I landed up working in a call centre doing data entry and almost going brain dead...! I am currently an Executive PA and OH is a mechanical fitter by trade. I am not overly concerned with what we do work wise as long as it pays the bills. We are moving over for a change of lifestyle and not to become rich (although it wouldn't hurt).
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Annie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really nice

I've lived in Australia since 1989 and I still wake up each day and marvel at being here!

The shine just never seems to go away!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hi everyone..
We have a 12 week old jack russell pup who we are taking out for the first time tomorrow down the beach......... Bleeding dreading it as I just know its going to attack anything in sight. Hope my other dog a springer spaniel can sort it out!!!!!
Oh and yes weather is brills isnt it!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Lizzie2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cookster
We have a 12 week old jack russell pup who we are taking out for the first time tomorrow down the beach......... Bleeding dreading it as I just know its going to attack anything in sight. Hope my other dog a springer spaniel can sort it out!!!!!
Hi hope you dont mind me asking where is Hervey Bay?

Liz
Old Oct 4th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

autorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to allautorock is a name known to all

Hi everyone..
Wow...Thanks sa2uk2oz.

That's what we're after. We're going to rent in the 'burbs for 5 years while we save enough for 15-30 acres in the Tallebudgera or Currumbin Valleys...

We lived on the Goldy for 2.5 years a decade ago and it's been in our hearts ever since.

We're all ready to go back now but have found ourselves stranded trying to sell our flat.. (you may have read my whinges about this elsewhere on the forum)...

Your little story is great. Keep these little diary entries coming - that's the inspiration we need to keep our chins high. Substitute your puppy for our kids and it would be exactly what we're hoping for!

Any photos to add to your thread!?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:32 pm
Hopeful Idealist

janicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant futurejanicebks has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lizzie2
Hi hope you dont mind me asking where is Hervey Bay?

Liz
It's about 3 hours away from Brisbane. Famous for Fraser Island - beautiful place, we once saw whales mating near the shore. More information here.

I can't wait, I'm flying to Gold Coast in 10 days! OH says a fly season might be approaching though.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Racht70
Brrrrrrrr its been cold in the UK (well Lincs anyway) on Tuesday felt the nip in the air so I think winter's here
yes i think we're in the same boat. i see your in lincs also? ...wife and 3 girls 4,5 and 7. hoping for mandurah area, what about you?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

matrix01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cookster
Hi there, my daughter and family are emigrating and want to live in Harvey Bay, is it nice there?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by matrix01
Hi there, my daughter and family are emigrating and want to live in Harvey Bay, is it nice there?
We love it here. Yesterday really confirmed the whole reason why we came here. ...... Sat having lunch with my family at a lovely little outside cafe on the esplanade, my son playing in the sea with a group of his mates. Daughter messing about with her boyfriend on a jet ski and me soaking up the sun. This is exactly why we moved here.
This morning sun is shining already, hubby gone off to work, 5 mins down the road, and kids are looking forward to seeing all their mates again at school.
I certainly wouldnt be anywhere else.
Angela

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.