Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's all starting to sink in

It's all starting to sink in

Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:39 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default It's all starting to sink in

Well our flat's sold and we exchange on the 25th Oct the shippers are comming on hte 23rd ,the flights are booked for 14th Nov & We've handed in our notice to work and it's all starting to sink in.

I thought the hard bit was waiting on the visa but I think this is worse. There is soo much to organise and I really feel like I'm on a roller coaster. On One hand I am soo bloomin excited and on hte other I'm dreading saying goodbye and am constantly swinging between the 2 states but I'm definately going I know we are doing the right thing it's just all soo real now. The dream is becoming reality and it's kinda scary.

I think I'm living on adrenaline and nerves at the moment as my appetite has practicaly disapeared. Not that theappetites a bad thing right enough I'm quite pleased about that - I might just have a body worthie of the beach yet

Good luck to all those still waiting and I'll be seeing the rest of you in Oz soon

Fiona
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's all starting to sink in

All the best for your move - hope it all goes smoothly for you

Ann
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:41 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fionast
Well our flat's sold and we exchange on the 25th Oct the shippers are comming on hte 23rd ,the flights are booked for 14th Nov & We've handed in our notice to work and it's all starting to sink in.

I thought the hard bit was waiting on the visa but I think this is worse. There is soo much to organise and I really feel like I'm on a roller coaster. On One hand I am soo bloomin excited and on hte other I'm dreading saying goodbye and am constantly swinging between the 2 states but I'm definately going I know we are doing the right thing it's just all soo real now. The dream is becoming reality and it's kinda scary.

I think I'm living on adrenaline and nerves at the moment as my appetite has practicaly disapeared. Not that theappetites a bad thing right enough I'm quite pleased about that - I might just have a body worthie of the beach yet

Good luck to all those still waiting and I'll be seeing the rest of you in Oz soon

Fiona
AAww, it seems to have come around quickly Not long now.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:46 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

I know I can't beleive how quick it's happenning after all our hold ups. Thought it be about another month but our buyers wanted in asap as they are renting so we just went for it
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Fiona
Hi Fiona,

Don't worry you are not the only one going through the emotional rollercoaster. We are going through the exact same emotions you have described. We fly on 7th November to Perth and move out of our house in 10 days. Over the last few weeks I feel like someone has turned the clock to fast forward and after years of looking forward to the move I now find I want it to slow down so I can fit everything I want to do in before we leave. There is so much to organise in these last few weeks. I can't even contemplate saying my goodbyes yet!! Leaving do's have already started.

Good luck with your move

Mark
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

am constantly swinging between the 2 states Fiona

I know what you mean about emotions, lately I have more states about me than Australia.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:58 pm
We're here in Brissie

Originally Posted by MarkO'G
Hi Fiona,
Over the last few weeks I feel like someone has turned the clock to fast forward and after years of looking forward to the move I now find I want it to slow down so I can fit everything I want to do in before we leave.
Mark
You've hit it on the head exactly there. I feel like we've not enough time. I'm sure we will fit it all in though
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:59 pm
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

I know I can't beleive how quick it's happenning after all our hold ups. Thought it be about another month but our buyers wanted in asap as they are renting so we just went for it
I know how you're feeling, we leave in three weeks! As far as I'm concerned it wont get any easier, sorry to be a humbug, but I feel like crawling back into bed and waking up with everything sorted in Aus!

Hope you get through it all better than I have, if not we might just meet in the nearest looney bin!

BTW have the unrational tears started yet?

Good luck

My post earlier will explain just a bit of what we are going through ( I don't know how to put links in )

Last edited by Crazy Diamond; Sep 27th 2006 at 9:01 pm. Reason: Oops
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:04 pm
We're here in Brissie

No no irational tears yet. As soon as I think about saying goodbye I just try and think about everything else that's good but it's getting harder

I'm sure they'll come soon
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

No no irational tears yet. As soon as I think about saying goodbye I just try and think about everything else that's good but it's getting harder

I'm sure they'll come soon
I feel the same as you, it is the goodbyes that are worrying me as well - my Mum in particular. She has been so positive about our move but think she is losing it a bit now. I feel ok about everything else - I'm a project manager so the organising is just one more project to me.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
We're here in Brissie

Originally Posted by tonik25
I feel the same as you, it is the goodbyes that are worrying me as well - my Mum in particular. She has been so positive about our move but think she is losing it a bit now. I feel ok about everything else - I'm a project manager so the organising is just one more project to me.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. My parents are keeping it so together in front of me. But they'll probably hit me with it like a ton of bricks when it's time to go