Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's all happening on the house front

It's all happening on the house front

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up It's all happening on the house front

Well just to let you know folks we have had an offer on the house today, ridiculous one 15K less than we wanted, we told the estate agent what we would accept, (politely ) and they have told us they will call back tomorrow :scared: we are getting excited now.
We also have another offer outstanding but they are waiting to sell thiers so we could be waiting for them forever.

But the first couple with the ridiculous offer, have no chain they are currently in rented and have their mortgage in place.
Looking good for March/April

Or are we building our hopes up too much???????
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:23 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice
Default Re: It's all happening on the house front

Originally Posted by Dicko
Well just to let you know folks we have had an offer on the house today, ridiculous one 15K less than we wanted, we told the estate agent what we would accept, (politely ) and they have told us they will call back tomorrow :scared: we are getting excited now.
We also have another offer outstanding but they are waiting to sell thiers so we could be waiting for them forever.

But the first couple with the ridiculous offer, have no chain they are currently in rented and have their mortgage in place.

keeping fingers crossed for you.

Our first offer was ridiculously low, but we kept at it. Selling is a pain in the ass but the thought of Oz is a great tonic.

Good luck

Carl
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:24 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Hope you manage to sell this time so you can get sorted on the other side did you deside on taking the job offer i disscussed it with the wife she was for continuing with original plans my self thought of the income to get feet under table any way good luck.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: It's all happening on the house front

Originally Posted by pike
Hope you manage to sell this time so you can get sorted on the other side did you deside on taking the job offer i disscussed it with the wife she was for continuing with original plans my self thought of the income to get feet under table any way good luck.

Thanks Pike,
Where are you headed?
We have been at this for about 2 years now and have to say the worst of it has been selling the house. Hopefully over with soon,
I have decided to ring the manager of the firm and ask him if it is a definite offer and if so may go out on my own for a few weeks to see the place.

Cheers
D
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:41 pm
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road

Thanks Pike,
Where are you headed?
We have been at this for about 2 years now and have to say the worst of it has been selling the house. Hopefully over with soon,
I have decided to ring the manager of the firm and ask him if it is a definite offer and if so may go out on my own for a few weeks to see the place.

Cheers
D

Hopefully brisbane on skilled pr visa, have been trying to sought this out for 8 months now had problems with tra now instructed go-m to act because if it is left to me another 8 months would fly and i'll still be in the same place. It will be worth the phone call just incase.
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 7:41 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed they come up with a good offer for you!

I was told by my agent (prob talking out of his a*se) that people don't get a firm mortgage offer until they've had the survey done??? If he's really talking out of his fav orifice then I'm seriously gonna kick his in the morning!!
Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:33 am
Just Joined

thinktwice is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody thinking about moving to Australia should think twice about it. www.savethesheep.com will give you information about how there are 82 million sheep in Australia at any given time that have been partially skinned ALIVE(called mulesing) without an anaesthetic! Is that the sort of country you want to be living in?

Old Jan 24th 2005, 11:59 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Looks like I might be owing you a few tinnies then, we're still waiting for any kind of offer.

Good luck Dicko I've got my fingers crossed for you.
Old Jan 24th 2005, 12:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thinktwice
Anybody thinking about moving to Australia should think twice about it. www.savethesheep.com will give you information about how there are 82 million sheep in Australia at any given time that have been partially skinned ALIVE(called mulesing) without an anaesthetic! Is that the sort of country you want to be living in?
thats what we are all going for.

go away annoying person
Old Jan 24th 2005, 12:30 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dicko,

Good luck with selling your house. Hope it all goes through smoothly & quickly!!

Shell
Old Jan 24th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: It's all happening on the house front

Hey they have come back with another 7k offer now, they are only 8k short of the asking price, we have called their bluff and said give us an extra 2k and we have a deal.
I wouldn't mind but we are getting a brand new front door tomorrow (£600) and we told them we are leaving all blinds and curtains (no use to us!)

Have we made the right decision, or should we go back to them and accept the offer, as it is a buyers market, and we need to be there by May

Come posters lets vote on it

Shall we take it or hold out for more, it your decision, come on help us out.

Old Jan 24th 2005, 6:37 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Hey they have come back with another 7k offer now, they are only 8k short of the asking price, we have called their bluff and said give us an extra 2k and we have a deal.
I wouldn't mind but we are getting a brand new front door tomorrow (£600) and we told them we are leaving all blinds and curtains (no use to us!)

Have we made the right decision, or should we go back to them and accept the offer, as it is a buyers market, and we need to be there by May

Come posters lets vote on it

Shall we take it or hold out for more, it your decision, come on help us out.

You've got to try to get that extra cash. If they say no you can always accept the offer that they've just put you.

Good luck

Carl
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

for what its worth dicko, think you are doing the right thing, we are in exactly the same position as you, have took a reduced offer, leaving behind lots of really good gear, because i've just passed the point of worrying about everything and my family telling me that i am mad and a soft touch!!! don't care, want to be in oz as stress free as possible...

don't get me wrong, we aren't going to australia loaded and the extra few grand would be absolutely great, but how much longer will we have to wait for another buyer? just want it done and dusted, so i can see where you are coming from... australia april/may, just has a nice feel to it!

best of luck, hope it goes really smoothly,

bob...
Old Jan 24th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Kayser Soze will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fireeater
You've got to try to get that extra cash. If they say no you can always accept the offer that they've just put you.

Good luck

Carl

Drop by loads so a 1st time buyer can afford it

K.S.