Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong!

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:54 pm
owieb

Default It's all gone a bit Pete Tong!

We came to singapore to pick up our visas this week and to have a honeymoon.

But the visas have been messed up, our passports are stuck inside the Australian High Commission; which is now closed till Monday, we were due to leave on Sunday but we can't because we don't have our passports, there are no flights available till February and we have family arriving in Perth on Sunday to stay with us! :scared:

And to top it all we're going to miss the skyworks in Perth on Monday night!

So we're stuck in Singapore for the rest of our lives where are only form of communication is via this forum!

I'm a celebrity............get me out of here!

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It's all gone a bit Pete Tong!

Originally posted by owieb

But the visas have been messed up, our passports are stuck inside the Australian High Commission; which is now closed till Monday, we were due to leave on Sunday but we can't because we don't have our passports, there are no flights available till February and we have family arriving in Perth on Sunday to stay with us! :scared:

So we're stuck in Singapore for the rest of our lives where are only form of communication is via this forum!

Owieb don't worry too much. Keep hassling the airline as the odd seat comes up all the time. Debsy was told the same the other day and a day later a seat came up.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:00 am
owieb

Originally posted by bondipom
Owieb don't worry too much. Keep hassling the airline as the odd seat comes up all the time. Debsy was told the same the other day and a day later a seat came up.
Yeah we're planning on going to the airport today and seeing what we can get organised. We know there are some business class seats available, but they are $2,500 each!

Anyone for a whip round!

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:01 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we're planning on going to the airport today and seeing what we can get organised. We know there are some business class seats available, but they are $2,500 each!

Anyone for a whip round!
See if you can book online - I've found there are often seats available for online bookings long after human beings have told you the flight is full.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:02 am

Anyone for a whip round!
Yikes. A nice smile and a desparate story might get you on instead.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:06 am
owieb

Originally posted by renth
See if you can book online - I've found there are often seats available for online bookings long after human beings have told you the flight is full.
Yeah tried that one as well, zilch!

We're being told that it's the end of Australian school holidays so all the flights are now full. We did find one going from Kuala Lumpar on Tuesday so we may try and do that. We've even looked at flying somewhere else in Australia then flying back to Perth, but the best we've got so far is a flight to Darwin!

Though saying all that it is Chinese New Year and it's the year of the monkey, the year that I was born in, so maybe good luck is on it's way and there is a first class ticket hanging on my hotel door.

I'll go and check.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:09 am

Can you write it off against tax? Business trips and all.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:18 am
owieb

Originally posted by bondipom
Can you write it off against tax? Business trips and all.
Yeah I was thinking about doing that, the only problem is having the $5,000 in the first place! I was going to spunk a whole load of money on gadgets, but I guess that is out of the window now!

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:38 am

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, the only problem is having the $5,000 in the first place! I was going to spunk a whole load of money on gadgets, but I guess that is out of the window now!
I fully sympathise with you on that one. A new motherboard, some RAM, processor, video card, DVD burner and surf board would do me very nicely. If only I had the $5,000.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:16 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

At least you're not Molly Meldrum ..lol (that cracked me up about him , it could only happen to him! )
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:25 am

I laughed as well Ceri but it is happening to a lot of Australia's media. I have no sympathy as everyone other than kiwis needs a visa just to visit these shores.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:50 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hard luck!

But since you're there, any chance of digging around?!!! I need to get some cheap flights from Singapore to Phuket return, any chance of asking where to start looking?

Cheers.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:55 am

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Hard luck!

But since you're there, any chance of digging around?!!! I need to get some cheap flights from Singapore to Phuket return, any chance of asking where to start looking?

Cheers.
I did singapore koh phang nang (I think that was the right spelling but I might be insulting someones goat) by coach, mini bus and ferry but I do not recommend it to anyone interested in comfort, convenience, safety or expedience.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:00 am
owieb

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Hard luck!

Cheers.
I'll see what i can find, when are you planning on travelling?

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 2:08 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll see what i can find, when are you planning on travelling?
19 Feb Sing-Phuket, 1 March return - cheers, big man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.