Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its all coming together..

Its all coming together..

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Its all coming together..

well almost...we've both finished work now (hooray ), Katie finished school last friday and now we wait...

The shippers are due on Jan 5th and 6th and we complete on the house on the 6th (talk about leaving to the last minute) and we finally fly out on the 8th.

We are living in the midst of chaos at the minute. We have the contents of the shed thoroughly cleaned and now in the house and I've whittled down the clothes to what we will need over the next few weeks - the rest have been packed and sent to the in-laws.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas time - the last in the UK for many and I'll hopefully keep posting from "the other side" - which reminds me that I need to make sure the rose tinted specs are in the hand luggage

Claire
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Buttercup75 is an unknown quantity at this point

REALLY excited for you claire! Please try to post from 'the other side' I'll be dying to hear how you get on
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:25 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Not long to go now, Claire!

Sounds like everything is under control so I hope you enjoy your last UK Xmas.

Can't wait till it's my turn...

Where are you heading for?

Elaine
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Elaine M
Not long to go now, Claire!

Sounds like everything is under control so I hope you enjoy your last UK Xmas.

Can't wait till it's my turn...

Where are you heading for?

Elaine

We're off to Perth to stay with friends until we have a place to rent ands then I will start work in Feb once Katie has got sorted at school.

Claire

Hows Ilkley these days?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:32 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Claire,

Ilkley never alters much - in appearance maybe a bit, but the place feels the same as it did when I was growing up here; quiet, exclusive - well expensive anyway.

Do you know Ilkley well?

Elaine
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Claire,

Ilkley never alters much - in appearance maybe a bit, but the place feels the same as it did when I was growing up here; quiet, exclusive - well expensive anyway.

Do you know Ilkley well?

Elaine
I'm from Skipton originally and there were a fair few girls at our school from Ilkley - some of whom thought they were a cut above the rest of us

Claire
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Its all coming together..

Originally posted by claireg3
well almost...we've both finished work now (hooray ), Katie finished school last friday and now we wait...

The shippers are due on Jan 5th and 6th and we complete on the house on the 6th (talk about leaving to the last minute) and we finally fly out on the 8th.

We are living in the midst of chaos at the minute. We have the contents of the shed thoroughly cleaned and now in the house and I've whittled down the clothes to what we will need over the next few weeks - the rest have been packed and sent to the in-laws.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas time - the last in the UK for many and I'll hopefully keep posting from "the other side" - which reminds me that I need to make sure the rose tinted specs are in the hand luggage

Claire
Congratulations to you and yours Claire,
enjoy your last christmas in the cold! and look forward to starting your new life in the sun

best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:56 pm

Originally posted by claireg3
I'm from Skipton originally and there were a fair few girls at our school from Ilkley - some of whom thought they were a cut above the rest of us

Claire
Claire,

Sent you a pm.

Elaine
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

noodle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its all coming together..

Hi Claire

Good luck to you all in your new life I hope you have a wonderful life over there. Merry Christmas. Good luck and best wishes.

noodle.x
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire,

Just wanted to say hope all goes well and have a fantastic last cold christmas!!! If I don't hear from you before you go, get in touch when you get here. Take care, love Jane xxxxx
Old Dec 24th 2003, 1:04 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi claire,

good luck with your move
enjoy christmas cos a warm one is certainly different!!!

maybe we will catch up when you get yourself sorted eh?...

yvonne
Old Dec 24th 2003, 1:11 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire,

God Bless and Good luck with your move. hope all goes well for you.

Maybe we'll meet up on the other side!!

Enjoy your last Christmas here, God you lucky sod!!

Tracey
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Claire,

Where in Perth are you hoping to settle
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We intend arriving in Perth June/July 2004 ( pending the VISA)
We should all arrange a meet up somewhere like Kings Park.

There are so many from this site heading the same way. It seems a shame that in about a years time when we are all in the same area, we could pass each other in the shopping mall and not even recognise each other.
Old Dec 24th 2003, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Claire,

Where in Perth are you hoping to settle
We're aiming for south of the river around Port Kennedy/Rockingham.

Can't wait

Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.