Reload this Page >

ITIL Jobs in Australia

ITIL Jobs in Australia

Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

cjevans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITIL Jobs in Australia

Hi,

I'm a Telco/IT professional with over 10 years experience in UK telecoms. I've worked as an Incident Manager and as a BA and now currently working as a Service Transition Analyst for a Application Support Provider.

I've done ITIL Foundation (v3) and I'm looking at either the Practitioner Course in Service Transition or perhaps a keyskills course in Managing Releases and Deployments.

In addition to managing changes and releases I co-ordinate and conduct Operational Acceptance Testing to ensure operational readiness for Projects. I also co-ordinate Datafixes and PTFs for a number of customers.

This is the first company I've ever worked at which has had an ITIL Service Transition Team and I'm keen to understand whether there are jobs in this area in Australia?
Old Jan 29th 2013, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: ITIL Jobs in Australia

I'm in IT, and I didn't understand a word of that. So it sounds like you are in 'Management'.

seek.com.au is your best bet. You also don't mention where in Aus you'd be. Syd and Melb are the biggest places, Perth is more 'who you know' and Bris seems to be mainly government jobs and is cutting back massively.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, ITIL and it's implementations are used frequently in many companies over here. The big service providers like IBM, HP etc, use it extensively on outsourcing contracts.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cjevans
Hi,

I'm a Telco/IT professional with over 10 years experience in UK telecoms. I've worked as an Incident Manager and as a BA and now currently working as a Service Transition Analyst for a Application Support Provider.

I've done ITIL Foundation (v3) and I'm looking at either the Practitioner Course in Service Transition or perhaps a keyskills course in Managing Releases and Deployments.

In addition to managing changes and releases I co-ordinate and conduct Operational Acceptance Testing to ensure operational readiness for Projects. I also co-ordinate Datafixes and PTFs for a number of customers.

This is the first company I've ever worked at which has had an ITIL Service Transition Team and I'm keen to understand whether there are jobs in this area in Australia?
ANZ use ITIL in fact I had to do the training course for it while I was there. Got a high mark but it is a TOTAL waste of time in my opinion.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys.

To explain a bit about what I do, it's probably more like a project role, looking at business readiness, handing a project over into live if that makes sense?
Old Jan 30th 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

Some companies do ask for ITIL, but I've not seen anything exclusively ITIL in Brisbane. Worth doing the courses in UK if you can - It is very expensive to train here (over twice the price when adjusted). Sadly, unless you work somewhere which trains people (must be somewhere in Australia?) IT training is out of reach for many
Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:34 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

The big service providers do. SMEs pay lip service at most.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Eddie_W is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjevans
Hi,

Hi I am moving over and am a qualified Service Manager (red badge). I am getting my job based on it needing to be fully ITIL compliant as that is what the contract says we will do. Based on my dealing so far (in Perth, where I am heading) There is an ITIL community and demand for it, but not a completely mature marketplace for it yet. There is definitely some places who pay lip service not really understanding what they are asking for (but that's the same in the UK) and the people I am talking to who know the market intimately say that is a rapidly growing skill demand.

I would assume if its in demand in Perth, it would have to be in demand in Melbourne and Sydney as well, not familiar enough with Brisbane.

I am 20 years in IT with 7 years Service Management and Architecture.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I'm on the verge of achieving ITIL expert status having completed most of the V3 capability modules while employed by the Qld Govt. I'm also very familiar with ISO/IEC 20000 having worked to help one of the multinational service providers achieve ISO/IEC 20000 certification for their infrastructure processes.

There is a huge ITIL community in Aus with each state having its own itsmf chapter culminating in an annual, national itsmf conference. I've been fortunate enough to have attended the Sydney & Melbourne conferences in recent years.

LinkedIn also offers a number of ITIL focussed groups and is not uncommon to be contacted about job opportunities through that medium.

Happy to discuss further
Old May 10th 2013, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

mavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud ofmavine1 has much to be proud of

My husband is and experienced ITIL service manager and the demand here is extremely poor. 'Lean' is the way forward here not ITIL. He wouldn't advise anyone to move here in IT service management unless they have a role lined up. And def head for Sydney or Melbourne. No work in the other cities. Good luck.
Old May 10th 2013, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies. Knew this wouldn't be easy so glad of the slices of information.