Reload this Page >

Items to take_Australia

Items to take_Australia

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

bujji_optics is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Items to take_Australia

Greetings to every one,

I was granted PR skilled Independent along with my wife and son as dependents , and planning to move next month to sydney, i have some questions as given below, please help to know the details if some one know.

1.I need to make my initial entry 18-12-2008 as per it was in my visa, but i red so many comments medicals and PCC are valid for one year only, because my medicals will expire end of this month only, and i hope it will not be a problem.

2.I will move along with my wife and son and i want to send back my wife immediately after a day or two, will it be fine or are there any restrictions like we should stay for some period when we make initial entry?

3.I want to take some items along with me like Electric Cooker, Pan, Plates Etcc. and also Multimeter, Tools, and some electronic items with me will it be fine or are there any problem?

I have visited daff but i couldt get the proper information so please guide me it is there any website which will tell what to take to australia.

Thanks and REgards
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Items to take_Australia

Not sure about medical, but as far as I know once you're in on a Skilled INdependent (which we have) you can do what the hell you like in terms of coming and going.

As for bringing stuff out, check if it's viable financially. If you;re emotionally attached to stuff bring it, but it might work out cheaper to buy stuff here than ship it. We just fitted an entire house (two bed plus study) with everything (white goods and all furniture) to a standard that looks great for $1800 by hunting for bargains, using second hand, colleagues, etc. Sure if you're the kind of person who needs yo spend $5,000 on a plasma telly then it's not an option, but it can be done.

All you really need is a smile and a sense of adventure and, in the words of Slim Dusty, she'll be right