Itchy feet

Old Aug 26th 2003, 10:32 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Itchy feet

Well my wait was finally over on Saturday as my PR was confirmed.

I'm not going straight away since I though I'll stay with the fokes for christmas and until spring arrives again, give the savings a extra boost.

However I'm just worried if I'll get a job and stuff, I've missed Australia for years since I've spent 1 year before in Sydney and really loved the place.

But have any of you people worried about getting a job and having to come back ???
Old Aug 27th 2003, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We are going out to start a business, as we were too old to go any other way. (scarey when you are only in your 40's and told you are too old:scared: ). Of course, we are worried incase it doesn't go to plan, but the reason we finally decided to go and give it our best was because my husband (who was in Financial Services) was made redundant for the second time in 2 years. We have decided that there isn't really a lot going for us over here, and to be honest, we wouldn't beable to afford to do it over here.
We were both in Catering (thats how we first met) and we have kept our hand in it over the years, so we are going to open a Restaurant/cafe.
From what I have read on here, the job market may be difficult in Oz (not surprised with all us lot going) but I am not so sure that it is may be any better here, or will be in the future.
If we wanted to stay, I am sure that my husband could get another job, but because of the last 2 years, we have decided we want a life and not to worry whether he will be in work again by the end of the month.
It could be very different in other trades, but we only have the two and at our ages we don't want to be retraining to do something else.
We are looking forward to going out there and starting again.

Whisky