Wikiposts

ISP in OZ?

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:10 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: ISP in OZ?

Originally Posted by soapy
oh shit, well threres no cheeky answer to that
Ah dunae know what that means in Scottish...but it's obviously not the same in English

Please tell me what I just said

Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hello bubbles.

You can use Whirlpool to search for plans but unfortunately webspace is not one of the criteria in the search.
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/
Even so you can search on what else you want then look at the ISP results for the webspace info.

I use this TPG 1500 / 256 with 20gb monthly.
It's damned good and cheap.

http://www.tpg.com.au/
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:20 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hello bubbles.

You can use Whirlpool to search for plans but unfortunately webspace is not one of the criteria in the search.
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/
Even so you can search on what else you want then look at the ISP results for the webspace info.

I use this TPG 1500 / 256 with 20gb monthly.
It's damned good and cheap.

http://www.tpg.com.au/
thanx bix, havin a wee swatch at it noo
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Oz is crap for ISPs
i think it cost me about 25 quid a month in the uk unlimited and free web space
Old Apr 13th 2005, 12:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

bump, cos its a real thread
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

bump, cos its a real thread
Bix's suggestion to look on whirlpool is the best. The only thing I can say about aanet is their excess charges are cheap. $3 a GB for six months may help you find your actual usage.

I got out of TPG a couple of years ago. I do not know if they have upped their customer service and speeded up their network since. Someone I work with had an unlimited plan with internode but at $150 a month even he found it a bit steep.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bondipom
Bix's suggestion to look on whirlpool is the best. The only thing I can say about aanet is their excess charges are cheap. $3 a GB for six months may help you find your actual usage.

I got out of TPG a couple of years ago. I do not know if they have upped their customer service and speeded up their network since. Someone I work with had an unlimited plan with internode but at $150 a month even he found it a bit steep.
thanx BP, wow that is steep i think ill need to make a few phone calls and see who is the cheapest
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:10 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx BP, wow that is steep i think ill need to make a few phone calls and see who is the cheapest
There is often a special around that may not be listed on whirlpool. If you can set yourself a GB limit you would save a lot of money.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by bondipom
There is often a special around that may not be listed on whirlpool. If you can set yourself a GB limit you would save a lot of money.
i tried that BP, but as i said i have 3 teens who are downloading all the time. the costs will rocket. even if i warn them. they will just blame each other
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:52 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried that BP, but as i said ive 3 teens who are downloading all the time. the costs will rocket. even if i warn them. they will just blame each other

I'm using www.ozemail.com.au which is pretty good, however this is now owned by iinet.com.au which most of the guys in work use.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rapitts
I'm using www.ozemail.com.au which is pretty good, however this is now owned by iinet.com.au which most of the guys in work use.
thanx, im havin a wee look at it now
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rapitts
5Mb of free space but at least its a start
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:37 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

i use optusnet u get 10mb free space
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by biggy
i use optusnet u get 10mb free space
i dont know if 10 will be enough pal...but a good idea
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:44 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know if 10 will be enough pal...but a good idea
nae bother matey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.