Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Isn't it quiet here???

Isn't it quiet here???

Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Isn't it quiet here???

Any other husbands abandoned by their ladies who are away on the Brisbane drinking girls night out?

Its bliss to have a night off, me and Mrs JTL have been running around like mad things for the last 10 days trying to get everything sorted. The amount of estate agents, bankers, solicitors, dealers we've met is unbelievable.

Its good for Mrs JTL to get a night off and meet some of the people on the forum,and its great for me too Sitting in the apartment, got a nice cold beer, womens olympic table tennis on the tv, and just had another great steak at Brekkie Creek hotel.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:09 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Isn't it quiet here???

No beach volleyball to keep you entertained JTL now the missus is out!!!!

TT

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Any other husbands abandoned by their ladies who are away on the Brisbane drinking girls night out?

Its bliss to have a night off, me and Mrs JTL have been running around like mad things for the last 10 days trying to get everything sorted. The amount of estate agents, bankers, solicitors, dealers we've met is unbelievable.

Its good for Mrs JTL to get a night off and meet some of the people on the forum,and its great for me too Sitting in the apartment, got a nice cold beer, womens olympic table tennis on the tv, and just had another great steak at Brekkie Creek hotel.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree

TT
I know, I know. Terrible timing, could they not have synchronised swimming or gymnastics or something involving tight lycra. Its getting a bit desperate watching the table tennis.... why do you think I'm posting on here?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

TT

The best bit is being able to support people in the Olympics that might actually win! I am loving watching the Aussies slaughter everyone
I still support the Brits, but lets face it they are few and far between.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:31 am
ABCDiamond

Cheers,
JTL
That Brekkie Creek Hotel sounds good, I must have heard it mentioned a few times recently
I tried to get my wife interested in that night out, but being a non-drinker, she wasn't tempted

Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:36 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

They not got the interactive feature on the digital TV's over their????

We can press the red button and get the choice of quite a few other events showing at the same time?

Surely must be something involving tight lycra on that function???

TT

I know, I know. Terrible timing, could they not have synchronised swimming or gymnastics or something involving tight lycra. Its getting a bit desperate watching the table tennis.... why do you think I'm posting on here?

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They not got the interactive feature on the digital TV's over their????

We can press the red button and get the choice of quite a few other events showing at the same time?

Surely must be something involving tight lycra on that function???

TT
Yeah they do have interactive feature on digital tv here. But we are still in temp rented accomodation, so we've got bog standard terrestrial television. I've been researching digital tv here, looks like we'll be getting foxtel when we get our own place, but I will probably ask around first just to check.

ABCDiamond,

Seriously, I can't reccommend the brekkie creek hotel highly enough, you really should go if you're in the area. You pick your own steak, tell them how you want it cooked, go and sit down, and then they announce it when its ready, and you go pick it up. Its almost like a fast food place in that sense, but the steaks, and the setting are amazing, and the prices are great. 50 bucks for the two of us again tonite, and that was 2 fillet mignon, with the usual side dishes.

Mrs JTL is a non drinker too, but I think curiosity got the better of her, she wanted to meet all the people shes been 'talking' to over the last few months.

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

TT
Ahh, volleyball on now. Thats a bit better

JTL
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have just staggered drunkenly through the door and woken up the long-suffering Bloke! Hope Mrs JTL had a good night too - I did notice the way JTL legged it as soon as she was on the train......something good on TV was there? He was away from the platform like a dog after a rabbit!!!!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have just staggered drunkenly through the door and woken up the long-suffering Bloke! Hope Mrs JTL had a good night too - I did notice the way JTL legged it as soon as she was on the train......something good on TV was there? He was away from the platform like a dog after a rabbit!!!!!
Home so soon pollyanna? I thought you were out for the night. I was shocked. Yeah I did leg it, i thought thought female topless table tennis was on tv as an olympic sport. Damn misinformed again, it was the ordinary ping pong stuff.

Mrs JTL came back early. But she did have a good night, she's currently unconcious on the couch. I did tell her yesterday that technically she can no longer claim jetlag as an excuse. (been here 10 days now). So you gals must have tired her out.

But before she passed out she did say she had a good time, I'm sure she will write more in the morning when she wakes up. Probably at 5am knowing her.

I'm planning an 11am wake up. What I plan and what I'm allowed don't always match though

Cheers,
JTL
Old Aug 21st 2004, 1:42 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Isn't it quiet here???

... just had another great steak at Brekkie Creek hotel.
Onya!