Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Isn't it a long wait

Isn't it a long wait

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Isn't it a long wait

Well its been about a year now since I said to the missus I want out. Too much s@*t going on for me to raise my kids with a clear concience, I find myself hating whats going on around me and bringing me down and affecting my children.

The wait is killing me, and this forum does nothing for my moral, all I see is all the lucky buggers that have thier visas.

Sorry for the whingin but i guess i've my arse in a sling with all the waiting. I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 11:18 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

..well think of it like this, you're a year down the line further than i and many others are! i'm still waiting for tra to get in touch.

I'd love to be a year in to all this like you, at least you're looking at the top run of the ladder instead of the bottom one.

i'm sure it will all happen soon.

good luck anyway.

Leigh
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Originally posted by scutterUK
..well think of it like this, you're a year down the line further than i and many others are! i'm still waiting for tra to get in touch.

I'd love to be a year in to all this like you, at least you're looking at the top run of the ladder instead of the bottom one.

i'm sure it will all happen soon.

good luck anyway.

Leigh

Cheers buddy.

I guess now that I am waiting and not running around getting employers letters and certificates certified then the time seems to empty. I work shifts and this week i'm on lates, so all day I dream of escape, I guess its bordom really.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 12:27 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Whingin Pom
Cheers buddy.

I guess now that I am waiting and not running around getting employers letters and certificates certified then the time seems to empty. I work shifts and this week i'm on lates, so all day I dream of escape, I guess its bordom really.
no probs.

i know where you're coming from, i've been thinking the same and i've only been waiting 6 weeks! it's like you say boredom sets in then time slows down, and frustration takes over.

Old Oct 23rd 2003, 3:42 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Isn't it a long wait

Hi Whingin Pom,
after a wait of a year, I don't thnk it's winging I think it's amazing that they can take so long.

I know what you are on about and it's only been 4 months for us.

The forum is Ok, just remember at least you have applied.

Bye
Markeh

PS,
turn the light on and have a good long stare at it.
It's just the same as the light at the end of the tunnel
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Hadrian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Isn't it a long wait

Originally posted by Whingin Pom
Well its been about a year now since I said to the missus I want out. Too much s@*t going on for me to raise my kids with a clear concience, I find myself hating whats going on around me and bringing me down and affecting my children.

The wait is killing me, and this forum does nothing for my moral, all I see is all the lucky buggers that have thier visas.

Sorry for the whingin but i guess i've my arse in a sling with all the waiting. I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
The only way that we have kept going is by getting broadband and looking at the houses, beaches and lifestyle in Oz.

I know it won't be perfect when we finally move permanently but it looks a lot better than over here (and I live in a nice part of the country). The weather being one of the main factors, this has been one of the best summers we have ever had but now we're back to reality. Long dark damp cold nights until ??? could be April or even May if we have a bad spring.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope you don't wait too long for your visa. It should be worth it in the end.
Old Oct 23rd 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

You're waiting for your visa, others are waiting for their skills assessments and others including us are waiting for our bloody houses to sell. Drives you mad doesn't it?

Claire ( one of those lucky b****rs already with a visa)