Ironing woes

Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:51 pm
davidjohn

davidjohn has a spectacular aura aboutdavidjohn has a spectacular aura aboutdavidjohn has a spectacular aura about
Default Ironing woes

Could someone help with info-how does every one do their ironing ?Has anyone used the large flat steam press - not the regular steam irons but the kind laundries have ?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:06 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ironing woes

Originally Posted by davidjohn
Could someone help with info-how does every one do their ironing ?Has anyone used the large flat steam press - not the regular steam irons but the kind laundries have ?
I put mine under my mattress,works a treat.
Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:15 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine Irons it's self while i'm at work
Old Aug 13th 2005, 7:39 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I find hiding it at the back of a cupboard worksand pretending it doesn`t exist works a treat - failing that get my hubby to do it
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Mine Irons it's self while i'm at work
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I find hiding it at the back of a cupboard worksand pretending it doesn`t exist works a treat - failing that get my hubby to do it
As for getting hubby to do it, read first part of gobbyjocks sentence, but change the cupboard- she still hasn't caught on hee hee!!
lilstewie aka mr. gobbyjock(how apt a name)
Old Aug 13th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

add comfort easy iron to wash and youll never have to do it again!! or buy clothes a size smaller and the creases strech out
Old Aug 14th 2005, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Wear cheesecloth clothing, never needs ironing

Pay someone else to do it.

Do it while you watch a film.

Iron with your iron in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, stop ironing when you finish the bottle.

Become very adept at immediately removing clothes from the washing machine and folding VERY carefully, or hang to dry on a clothes horse or hand out immediately.

ALWAYS use fabric conditioner.

If clothes are left in the washing machine wet for more than 30 minutes after the wash has finished, put on final rinse cycle with more fabric conditioner.

Get each family member to iron their OWN clothes - this rule does not apply to children under 7 years of age.

Wait for some Boy Scouts on Bob a Job week and get them to do it.

There was something to be said about polyester and drip dry clothes {?}.

Iron when you have a friend over for a chat - also helps while away the time and is someone else to top up your wine glass.

Throw clothing away and start again with new clothes every day.

Guess what I'm off to do? Yep open that botle of wine

Gill
Old Aug 14th 2005, 4:01 am
davidjohn

davidjohn has a spectacular aura aboutdavidjohn has a spectacular aura aboutdavidjohn has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob

Pay someone else to do it.

Do it while you watch a film.

Iron with your iron in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, stop ironing when you finish the bottle.

Become very adept at immediately removing clothes from the washing machine and folding VERY carefully, or hang to dry on a clothes horse or hand out immediately.

ALWAYS use fabric conditioner.

If clothes are left in the washing machine wet for more than 30 minutes after the wash has finished, put on final rinse cycle with more fabric conditioner.

Get each family member to iron their OWN clothes - this rule does not apply to children under 7 years of age.

Wait for some Boy Scouts on Bob a Job week and get them to do it.

There was something to be said about polyester and drip dry clothes {?}.

Iron when you have a friend over for a chat - also helps while away the time and is someone else to top up your wine glass.

Throw clothing away and start again with new clothes every day.

Guess what I'm off to do? Yep open that botle of wine

Gill

Hate creased clothes so, off to buy more clothes then!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 14th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention I have used two types of industrial irons. First is the sort where you have 2 hot-plate, an upper and a lower one. The top one you lower on to the garment and then lift off, great for flat things such as pillow cases but no good for anything "fiddly".
The second type consists of 2 rollers, you use a foot pedal to open the rollers to feed the clothes through. Two problems with this type, dead easy to get your fingers rolled in to the machine and burnt and clothing getting wrapped around the rollers.

Clothing that has been through these machines looks very "institutionalised" ... if you know what I mean

Both are very expensive as far as I can remember.

Just done my ironing......looks wonderful airing on a clothes horse.

Gill
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:05 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Wear cheese. It never needs ironing and could provide a handy snack. Though I do not recommend swiss cheese for the bottom half . You might want to wear a couple of baps too.

This helpful hint bought to you by Hups Homelife Made Easy.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 8:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HUP
Wear cheese. It never needs ironing and could provide a handy snack. Though I do not recommend swiss cheese for the bottom half . You might want to wear a couple of baps too.

This helpful hint bought to you by Hups Homelife Made Easy.

Just get used to people running up to you and chewing bits out of your clothes
Old Aug 14th 2005, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Em, what's ironing?
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:38 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Iron?? What's that.

Cheers
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:41 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Just get used to people running up to you and chewing bits out of your clothes
Now Polly dont go tarring everyone with the same brush as you .

You served your debt to society. We'll let you move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.