Iron Chef

Old Oct 19th 2003, 2:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iron Chef

Any one here watch the Iron Chef competition on SBS?

It is a Japanese cooking contest. The opening sequence is introduced in the style of a Samuarai battle. Iron Chef versus his apprentice cooking lamb today. Delia and Jamie Oliver would be slaughtered on the iron chef battle field that is Kitchen Stadium.

SBS Saturday 7:30pm
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Iron Chef

Originally posted by bondipom

It is a Japanese cooking contest. The opening sequence is introduced in the style of a Samuarai battle. Iron Chef versus his apprentice cooking lamb today. Delia and Jamie Oliver would be slaughtered on the iron chef battle field that is Kitchen Stadium.

Iron Chef rocks!

I watched it for the first time on Saturday.

How decadant was that Lamb/Fois Gras/Truffle wrapped thing!?

Damn you, now I'm hungry!
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:17 am

Originally posted by Nara
Iron Chef rocks!

I watched it for the first time on Saturday.

How decadant was that Lamb/Fois Gras/Truffle wrapped thing!?

Damn you, now I'm hungry!
I love the over the top commentary and that they make dishes that none of us would have a hope in hell of making. Did you see the preparation and intricate cutting on the bamboo shoots last week.

I am off to Japan in 3 weeks and cannot wait for the food. No wonder it costs a lot if they prepare things like that.

I am starving but I doubt the canteen will be serving lamb parcels with truffles and foie grois.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the over the top commentary and that they make dishes that none of us would have a hope in hell of making. Did you see the preparation and intricate cutting on the bamboo shoots last week.

I am off to Japan in 3 weeks and cannot wait for the food. No wonder it costs a lot if they prepare things like that.

I am starving but I doubt the canteen will be serving lamb parcels with truffles and foie grois.
I did see the bamboo shoots one, my neighbours must have recorded two at once, I just thought it was one long show. I don't think I'll be trying the deep-fried bamboo shoots with banana somehow.

The voice-overs are hilarious. The camp guy with the bow-tie must have said perfect 4 times. And the outfits that the 'chairman' wears are so ostentatious.

A must for next week.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:20 am

Originally posted by Nara
I did see the bamboo shoots one, my neighbours must have recorded two at once, I just thought it was one long show. I don't think I'll be trying the deep-fried bamboo shoots with banana somehow.

The voice-overs are hilarious. The camp guy with the bow-tie must have said perfect 4 times. And the outfits that the 'chairman' wears are so ostentatious.

A must for next week.

Whose cuisine will remain supreme?
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:29 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

never heard of it .. I was watching the rugby . Bl**dy hell whats the world coming to? Men watching cooking programs and women watching Rugby.

It's a mad world... do you think women are going to be the men and men the women in the future?

P.s
No snide comments about Sundays game please... I think they could hear me for miles "wake up you dozy welsh Tw*ts" .. argh.. I feel that we lost that match... sack Hansen. That was a ridiculous show from us.

Right back to the cooking stuff. ...
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:38 am

Originally posted by Ceri
never heard of it .. I was watching the rugby . Bl**dy hell whats the world coming to? Men watching cooking programs and women watching Rugby.

It's a mad world... do you think women are going to be the men and men the women in the future?

P.s
No snide comments about Sundays game please... I think they could hear me for miles "wake up you dozy welsh Tw*ts" .. argh.. I feel that we lost that match... sack Hansen. That was a ridiculous show from us.

Right back to the cooking stuff. ...
No snide remarks to be made. Second round is where the action kicks off and where the effort needs to be made.

I guess you realise Wales have to raise their game for the next round to have a hope in hell against England.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

No snide remarks to be made. Second round is where the action kicks off and where the effort needs to be made.

I guess you realise Wales have to raise their game for the next round to have a hope in hell against England.
we played absolutely cr*p against the Tongans. The Canadian welsh game was good (P.s Canada are ranked higher than Tonga) . But this show from the Welsh... I think they were asleep. No really the most frustrating thing about Wales is that I know we can play good rugby when they are in the mood, but other times they are cr*p... sack Hansen!!! (and charvis.. what the hell is he doing there, hopeless tw@t) I'm fed up of foreigners in there managing... and I do 100% agree with Jonathan Davies.

Sh*t ... you think we'd learn.. we have talent in Wales...Use it!

P.S I still think Wales can pull one over England if we reach the quarters..
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:54 am

Originally posted by Ceri
we played absolutely cr*p against the Tongans. The Canadian welsh game was good (P.s Canada are ranked higher than Tonga) . But this show from the Welsh... I think they were asleep. No really the most frustrating thing about Wales is that I know we can play good rugby when they are in the mood, but other times they are cr*p... sack Hansen!!! (and charvis.. what the hell is he doing there, hopeless tw@t) I'm fed up of foreigners in there managing... and I do 100% agree with Jonathan Davies.

Sh*t ... you think we'd learn.. we have talent in Wales...Use it!

P.S I still think Wales can pull one over England if we reach the quarters..
It would be a big upset but not impossible. SA have shown you the weaknesses but England will be working on those in training.

Anyway whilst you are in it you can win it. Unlikely though.

Anyway Iron Chef is more exciting than most of the first round games. I did watch a recording of it the next day but only because I watched the Matrix Reloaded.