Irish IN OZ

Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all
Smile Irish IN OZ

is they any good irish folk in perth. can you post and let me know how you got on in migrating. plus any advice.

regards
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish IN OZ

Originally Posted by mikey9863
is they any good irish folk in perth. can you post and let me know how you got on in migrating. plus any advice.

regards
I'd take anything they say with a pinch of salt.
They believe in lepracauns you know
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

mikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to allmikey9863 is a name known to all
Cool Re: Irish IN OZ

hey! i am one of those lepracauns

and i am hopefully coming to perth along with my crock of gold...........
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

regards
I know two couples who are Irish in Perth. They hang around in the Irish bar in Joondalup. They love it here.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:43 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Worst thing about it is you will be closer to the English.
Da buggers are everywhere in Perth
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:39 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

My husbands from Wexford, we are in Perth. A few Paddies where he works too. He loves it here, though he had migrated before to the UK so the bonds that tied him to home were probably a bit more relaxed.

Gillian
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

regards
We're here, dont Know about good but we're Irish We've been here since November and are lovin it. Where abouts are you from? What advice are you after? Ask away, and I'll answer if I can
Tracie
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
We're here, dont Know about good but we're Irish We've been here since November and are lovin it. Where abouts are you from? What advice are you after? Ask away, and I'll answer if I can
Tracie
we are from portrush in northern ireland and would appreciate any tips etc just to help us along the way.

regards
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

we are from portrush in northern ireland and would appreciate any tips etc just to help us along the way.

regards
Happy to help but you'll have to give me an idea as to what you need to know. What trade are you coming on, how far along the line are you, which visa etc. Have you been over here before?
Tracie
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Happy to help but you'll have to give me an idea as to what you need to know. What trade are you coming on, how far along the line are you, which visa etc. Have you been over here before?
Tracie
my wife is a special needs teacher thingy and we are hoping to use this to get into perth. i personally work for the government in the water department and i can seem to find any jobs similar to mine. we are using a migration agent at the moment was this a good idea?

i would like to join the police in perth as they have recently removed the colour vision restriction. i have red/green colour probs now and again.

we have never been to australia before but planning a trip there later in the year if the migration agent thinks that we have a good case.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Ange27 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there,

my OH & i are heading to perth in sept, visa got & tickets booked. I'm from Armagh and OH is from Cork. We have been trying to find areas which would have few irish about...if you could pls give us names of a few few places to research that would be great.

thanks
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ange27
hey there,

my OH & i are heading to perth in sept, visa got & tickets booked. I'm from Armagh and OH is from Cork. We have been trying to find areas which would have few irish about...if you could pls give us names of a few few places to research that would be great.

thanks
hi ange

I used to live in Armagh/Richhill/Tandragee. living in portrush

i downloaded google earth and went to Perth area and got a few places then googled them and asked different people. so far i have names of secret harbour, fremantle and woodvale to look at.

we are still at the beginning of the whole process and eager to get going but that will be down to the old emmigration guys.
what do you and OH do for a living. have you any kids? i have 2 teenagers and they don't know that we are applying because we would hate to disappoint them if we don't get a visa.

Regards

Michael
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Ange27 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah we have looked at those areas and also Joondalup, think it has already been mentioned.

i'm part qualified accoutant & OH is carpenter, we're hoping he will be ok, though i'm a little worried as i'm doing ACCA exmas & reckon i mite have to do even more exams to reach Oz standard in law & tax!!!

no kids yet...so liking the sound of the irish bar...!!

i'm just the other side of Newry Michael, & i'm sure your kids will be well pleased when they realise that they may be going to Oz.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 12:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ange27
i'm part qualified accoutant & OH is carpenter, we're hoping he will be ok, though i'm a little worried as i'm doing ACCA exmas & reckon i mite have to do even more exams to reach Oz standard in law & tax!!!
You will have to do more than just law and tax if you want to become an Australian CA or CPA.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

regards

Hi. I have been in Perth for a year and a half now and love it. Am I good ? well that depends on what you mean by good????? Some other Irish don't seem to think so, but heh . I have helped a lot of irish people over here to settle and most people have been grateful for the help. Some things are totally different from an Irish point of view, so feel free to ask any questions no matter how silly you might think they are. A friend of mine is a special needs teacher so I will ask them for some more info for you. I have three kids 19,12,6. They have all settled now. The hardest one been the 12 yr old. Oh just thought. Have another couple of friends that are in the police force. Will question them also.I live in the NOR near joondalup. Would I ever go home now ? Answer. You would have a hard job getting any of us on a plane back even for a holiday. This is my home now.
</IMG>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.