Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Irish on the Gold Coast?

Irish on the Gold Coast?

Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Irish on the Gold Coast?

I've been in touch with an Irish woman who had an article featured this week in the Irish Echo. She is in the process of setting up a not-for-profit support group that is going to be a sub section of the Irish Australian Support Association of Queensland. They are looking for volunteers to help out in all sorts of situations - from young backpackers who may find themselves in difficulties, giving advice and support to families who have just emigrated here right through to elderly Irish people in nursing homes that may benefit from a visitor and a chat. Of course, the social side would be important, so there'll be the odd hooly or two thrown in.....

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can pass on Katie's number (she lives in Pac Pines) or if anyone has any Irish friends who don't go on BE, it'd be great if you could pass the word on to them. I really think its needed on the GC as Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth etc all have Irish Associations and there's nothing like that down here. I would have loved to have something like this when we first moved here. Thanks all. Michelle x
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:34 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish on the Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
I've been in touch with an Irish woman who had an article featured this week in the Irish Echo. She is in the process of setting up a not-for-profit support group that is going to be a sub section of the Irish Australian Support Association of Queensland. They are looking for volunteers to help out in all sorts of situations - from young backpackers who may find themselves in difficulties, giving advice and support to families who have just emigrated here right through to elderly Irish people in nursing homes that may benefit from a visitor and a chat. Of course, the social side would be important, so there'll be the odd hooly or two thrown in.....

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I can pass on Katie's number (she lives in Pac Pines) or if anyone has any Irish friends who don't go on BE, it'd be great if you could pass the word on to them. I really think its needed on the GC as Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth etc all have Irish Associations and there's nothing like that down here. I would have loved to have something like this when we first moved here. Thanks all. Michelle x

Do you have any details of the Irish assoc here in Brisbane ???,i have a lot of time on my hands and although i have only arrived and hope to start work soon i would def be up for a bit of volunteer work.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Gronya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle

Hi Michelle

I live on Sunshine Coast so wouldn't mind helping with anyone who is coming here. Let me know the womans' number and if anyone is coming up here I don't mind helping them anyway I can

thanks Grainne
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Do you have any details of the Irish assoc here in Brisbane ???,i have a lot of time on my hands and although i have only arrived and hope to start work soon i would def be up for a bit of volunteer work.
This is a different one to the support association, Bernie, but it would be a good place to start - www.queenslandirish.com - good luck
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gronya
Hi Michelle

I live on Sunshine Coast so wouldn't mind helping with anyone who is coming here. Let me know the womans' number and if anyone is coming up here I don't mind helping them anyway I can

thanks Grainne

Thanks Grainne - you're very good - I'll pm you with Katie's number. xx
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Try here Bernie .http://www.queenslandirish.com/ Apparently they're always on the lookout for

VOLUNTEER BINGO CALLERS