Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Irish Bars - Best in the world

Irish Bars - Best in the world

Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:32 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Irish Bars - Best in the world

An Irishman, an Englishman and a Scot were sitting in a bar. The view was fantastic, the beer excellent, the food exceptional. "Y'ken," said the Scotsman, "I still prefer the pubs back home. Why, in Glasgow there's a wee bar called McTavish's. Now, the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals so much that when you buy 4 drinks, he will buy the 5th drink for you."

"Well," said the Englishman, "at my local, The Red Lion, the barman there will buy you your 3rd drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhh, that's nuttin," said the Irishman. "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now, the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house."

"Well," said the Englishman, "did this actually happen to you?"

"Not me myself, personally, no," said the Irishman, "but it did happen to me sister."

Andrew
Old Feb 11th 2005, 7:26 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Irish Bars - Best in the world

Originally Posted by andrew63
An Irishman, an Englishman and a Scot were sitting in a bar. The view was fantastic, the beer excellent, the food exceptional. "Y'ken," said the Scotsman, "I still prefer the pubs back home. Why, in Glasgow there's a wee bar called McTavish's. Now, the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals so much that when you buy 4 drinks, he will buy the 5th drink for you."

"Well," said the Englishman, "at my local, The Red Lion, the barman there will buy you your 3rd drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhh, that's nuttin," said the Irishman. "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now, the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house."

"Well," said the Englishman, "did this actually happen to you?"

"Not me myself, personally, no," said the Irishman, "but it did happen to me sister."

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Very funny!!! Good to have a laugh first thing in the morning!!!!!

Shell
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish Bars - Best in the world

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Andrew,

Very funny!!! Good to have a laugh first thing in the morning!!!!!

Shell
If we are doing Irish jokes...

Paddy, Jock and John are working high up on a building site. The whistle goes for lunch and they each get out their sandwiches. John says "Bloody hell! Boiled ham again. If I have boiled ham tomorrow I am going to throw myself of this building". Exactly the same thing happens with Jock and then Paddy. The following day each unwraps their sandwiches, finds boiled ham and the three of them throw themselves off the building to their death.

A week later at the joint funeral for these 3 mates the widows are talking. John's wife says "I still can't believe it, If only I knew he was fed up with boiled ham he could have said and I would have put something different on them for him." Jock's wife says the same thing. Paddy's wife says "If I knew he didn't want boiled ham again I would have made his sandwiches for him"