Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ireland-Aus shipping Insurance

Ireland-Aus shipping Insurance

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future
Default Ireland-Aus shipping Insurance

Hi

For those who traveled Ireland to Australia, which shipping insurance company did you use?

We are shipping with Careline, and are currently looking at Insurance quotes as there's is 3.5%!!

Thanks

Storms
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ireland-Aus shipping Insurance

Originally Posted by storms
Hi

For those who traveled Ireland to Australia, which shipping insurance company did you use?

We are shipping with Careline, and are currently looking at Insurance quotes as there's is 3.5%!!

Thanks

Storms
We're just about to start looking into shipping, so will be interested with the answers on here. We are pretty much leaning towards using Careline as they seem to have a good reputation, don't they include insurance in their quotes?

Dolly
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

sandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to allsandav is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dolly
We're just about to start looking into shipping, so will be interested with the answers on here. We are pretty much leaning towards using Careline as they seem to have a good reputation, don't they include insurance in their quotes?

Dolly
We are the same going to start looking at shipping quotes soon. I though the same about Careline. I think this is who we will be going with because of their reputation. So will definitly follow this thread.
Sandra.

P.S. Katie any news on selling your house yet?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandav
We are the same going to start looking at shipping quotes soon. I though the same about Careline. I think this is who we will be going with because of their reputation. So will definitly follow this thread.
Sandra.

P.S. Katie any news on selling your house yet?
Nope, not yet. Getting impatient. Before we had the visa we said "oh, there is no panic selling the house" now I'm itching to go!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

Hi

Thanks

Storms
Be carefull with who ever you use, we used Royal & Sun Alliance and I have just sent yet another email to the customer complaints department regarding the settling of our claim,just a clip from the last reply:

Quote:
We have reviewed the file and the comments raised in your e-mails, and
having made further investigations both here in the UK and Australia in
relation to the items which have suffered physical damages, we are able to
respond further.

Firstly, we would just like to clarify that it is not unusual for
cosmetic/damage allowances to be offered where the function of an item has
not been affected but when there is a level of damage which may make the
item outwardly unsightly. Through our experience in handling these claims,
some customers will accept these and agree to the retention of the affected
item as opposed to the time to source and wait for replacements and/or
repairs to be carried out.

This policy is subject to English Law and as such this refers to the Marine
Insurance Act which means that the policy is one of indemnity. That is to
say that the Insured values detailed on the proposal form should be
replacement values at destination for the items you have shipped i.e a like
for like basis, which should not be confused with "new for old".

What they are saying is that if your item is damaged but not to bad they will offer you a figure to settle and you keep the damaged item, fine if you dont mind that sort of thing but if you want the item replacing to a satisfactory standard they start to wriggle out of the deal. They will not tell you this when you take out the policy though.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Hi

Thanks

Storms
Hi just wondering did you go with careline and what were they like?
Was it a full container that you sent (or want to send) and what were the costs like?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hi

Yeah, we went with Careline and the team they sent were really great, very impressed. We had a 40ft which we used about 30ft of!! (what junk have I go coming!!) Have to see what the stuff finally arrives like.

Our stuff due to arrive in Aus 11th September, so far the comapny here in Perth have kept us up todate well.

Storms
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:27 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Careline when we came over from Wicklow to Brisbane 2.5 years ago.
Couldn't fault them!
We paid for the "pack and unpack" service but of course when you eventually get your container you are not in the mood to let strangers unpack all your belongings as you have no idea where to put everything so that cost was a waste!
Getting them to pack and wrap was great!
Plus they take all the rubbish away when we unpacked!

We only insured a few major items with them because of the cost.
We had a few fragile broken but only cheap stuff so no dramas.

A few issues with AQIS but that's another story!

Andrew
Old Sep 6th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

any idea of costs?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulrebel
any idea of costs?
Hi soulrebel. We've a quote for a full 20ft container, pack & unpack etc. €5,400 plus 3.5% insurance on top (depends on the value of the goods you're shipping).

PM me if you need more details.

shears
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

vmcl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shears
Hi soulrebel. We've a quote for a full 20ft container, pack & unpack etc. €5,400 plus 3.5% insurance on top (depends on the value of the goods you're shipping).

PM me if you need more details.

shears
Hi just wondering about shipping costs aswell. Did ye bring any of your furniture with you and also how long does it take for them to ship your belongings?
Old Oct 13th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Just wondering, will Careline pick up from the arse end of nowhere or are they city based? I'm desperately trying to get my piano shipped from my dad's house in West Cork to Sydney and don't really know where to start.
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

qwertyuiop will become famous soon enoughqwertyuiop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Just wondering, will Careline pick up from the arse end of nowhere or are they city based? I'm desperately trying to get my piano shipped from my dad's house in West Cork to Sydney and don't really know where to start.
They'll use a courier to ship to their nearest warehouse and then repack to their standards and then ship it on. Have a mate in the business in Dublin...if anyone wants his contact no. or email, feel free to pm me.