Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IQ ( Sky PLus ) in Briasbane/Gold Coast

IQ ( Sky PLus ) in Briasbane/Gold Coast

Old Feb 17th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

bobstevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IQ ( Sky PLus ) in Briasbane/Gold Coast

We are moving soon to the Gold Coast area, I see over there you have Austar and Foxtel, with the IQ system, which is the same as Sky PLus over here ( in build hard drive ) I see Foxtel off IQ but Austar don't seem to, It also appears that Foxtel dont cover the Gold Coast /Brisbane area, Can anyone tell me if you have the IQ system int hat area. ( I know we want be watching TV ect..ect. but just humor me for now )

Last edited by bobstevens; Feb 17th 2006 at 11:43 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 18th 2006, 12:02 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IQ ( Sky PLus ) in Briasbane/Gold Coast

Originally Posted by bobstevens
We are moving soon to the Gold Coast area, I see over there you have Austar and Foxtel, with the IQ system, which is the same as Sky PLus over here ( in build hard drive ) I see Foxtel off IQ but Austar don't seem to, It also appears that Foxtel dont cover the Gold Coast /Brisbane area, Can anyone tell me if you have the IQ system int hat area. ( I know we want be watching TV ect..ect. but just humor me for now )
Foxtel IQ is in brisbane

Foxtel is satellite or cable - you'll be able to get it via satellite anywhere and via cable in most residential areas.
Old Feb 18th 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Beermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really niceBeermonster is just really nice
Default Re: IQ ( Sky PLus ) in Briasbane/Gold Coast

Foxtel are on parts of the Gold Coast, and even by cable!

I say parts of the coast, because Oxenford, and probably other areas west of the Pacific Highway are a designated Austar area, where you cannot get Foxtel

This business of only being able to get Austar in Oxenford is a federal thing "to protect consumer choice" as I found out when we moved there.