iPod mini?

Old May 11th 2005, 6:04 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iPod mini?

Just got an ipod mini and put 2 cds on to it and now it will not read anymore cds anyone had this and know the answer???????????
Old May 11th 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: iPod mini?

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Just got an ipod mini and put 2 cds on to it and now it will not read anymore cds anyone had this and know the answer???????????
What do you mean by "will not read CD's anymore"?

Are you using a PC or an Apple Mac?

Please explain what steps you took to transfer the music from your first 2 CD's to the Ipod, and also what you've done since

I'm a big Apple (and Ipod) fan so I might be able to help

Cheers

BD
Old May 11th 2005, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
What do you mean by "will not read CD's anymore"?

Are you using a PC or an Apple Mac?

Please explain what steps you took to transfer the music from your first 2 CD's to the Ipod, and also what you've done since

I'm a big Apple (and Ipod) fan so I might be able to help

Cheers

BD
On my pc lap top got xp .
Put first 2 cds in and it imported them fine now put cd in and nothing got the latest 4.8 softwear !
Its like there is no cd in the drive even windows media player is doing nothing

Help!!!!
Old May 11th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthforme
On my pc lap top got xp .
Put first 2 cds in and it imported them fine now put cd in and nothing got the latest 4.8 softwear !
Its like there is no cd in the drive even windows media player is doing nothing

Help!!!!
Eject the Ipod (right-click on the Ipod in my computer, external devices or whatever XP calls it, and click on eject)

Disconnect the Ipod/USB cable from the PC

Remove the CD from the CD tray

Restart the PC

Reconnect the Ipod/USB cable

Insert a *different* CD into the CD tray and see if it plays using Windows media player or Itunes (you can download this from apple.com)

If it plays ok, eject the CD and insert the CD you want to copy to the Ipod

Make sure this plays using Windows Media Player or Itunes

If the CD plays ok, try to import into Ipod
Old May 11th 2005, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Eject the Ipod (right-click on the Ipod in my computer, external devices or whatever XP calls it, and click on eject)

Disconnect the Ipod/USB cable from the PC

Remove the CD from the CD tray

Restart the PC

Reconnect the Ipod/USB cable

Insert a *different* CD into the CD tray and see if it plays using Windows media player or Itunes (you can download this from apple.com)

If it plays ok, eject the CD and insert the CD you want to copy to the Ipod

Make sure this plays using Windows Media Player or Itunes

If the CD plays ok, try to import into Ipod
Great mind and all that just restarted my pc and seams to be working now cheers karma on its way
Old May 11th 2005, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Good stuff!!

Shame iTunes is pants.............on a PC anyway!! And you have to use it to download to yor ipod!!
Old May 11th 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Weird. The same thing happened to my iPod mini two days ago. Had a few CDs on but wouldn't read any more. Hadn't got around to doing anything aout it. Will try that when I get home!