Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

iPhone4 coming 30/7

iPhone4 coming 30/7

Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default iPhone4 coming 30/7

I'm tempted to replace my aging Nokia N95 (best phone I've ever had), but deep down I know it would be just a toy and not worth the money, the fix for the antenna problem is p*** weak too.

Still, I’m sure they’ll sell heaps of them, anyone on here getting one?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPhone4 coming 30/7

Get an HTC instead

Miles better
Old Jul 19th 2010, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Get an HTC instead

Miles better
Wife has an HTC Hero and I agree its great, especially since updated to 2.1, if we didn't have an Android phone I'd get one (prob the HTC Desire) and this is still my other option.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:14 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebo
Nokia N95 (best phone I've ever had)
On my 5th N95 now and STILL can't bring myself to change.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
On my 5th N95 now and STILL can't bring myself to change.
Silly question but how come 5?

I'm still on my first Nokia Brick.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

I've just had a look at the Dell streak. Well impressed, but I don't know if you can get them in Oz.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:44 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Can't wait for the reception.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:26 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Silly question but how come 5?

I'm still on my first Nokia Brick.
Either lost prev or broke em ...

Now I just change parts seeing they're so easy to work with ...
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Christ, it's still not over there?

If you're unsure then wait and have a play with one. The screen is amazing. And I know quite a few people with them, and they don't have any problem with the signal dropping, so it must be a random fault, not in every handset.

I'll be getting one when I arrive. Hopefully the white will be out by then.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

There are many imitators, but only one iPhone - Android phones are like torture compared to 'em. I'll be getting one the day it comes out and my missus will get my 3GS. Can't wait.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:43 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Christ, it's still not over there?
Christ, you're still not over here yet?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
Christ, you're still not over here yet?
6 weeks.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:40 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm tempted to replace my aging Nokia N95 (best phone I've ever had), but deep down I know it would be just a toy and not worth the money, the fix for the antenna problem is p*** weak too.

Mine arrives 2nd of August, of course it will take me the rest of the year to figure out how to use it
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought similar to you a year ago. Never bothered with the iPhone, as I considered it a gimmick that I didn't need.

Then I needed another phone, so I thought I'd give it a go, to see what the fuss was about, and as I had 14 days to return it if I didn't like it, I decided to give it a go.

It's still here... It just seems to make some things so easy. If I'm in a strange place, it'll tell me where I am, and where I need to go. I can do anything on the internet I need to, from emails to checking on here in a matter of seconds. There is even a Tesco app, that when I can't find something in store, it will tell me the exact position on the shelf in which aisle the product is. When I'm out buying a particular product, I can read the barcode on my phone, and find out where I can buy it cheaper (saved myself £47 on a macbook buy doing this).

Every phone can get on the internet, and do maps people will say, but it's just the ease that it does everything, it's all so quick and straight forward. I had a Nokia 5800 before the iPhone, and it would take me ages to do something simple like find out cinema times. Now I just click an icon, and they just pop up in a second.

On a recent trip to Paris, I downloaded a city map onto the phone, along with metro maps, and used the gps to find my way quickly. You can't get lost. I also loaded on a "how to" on how to get the train from CDG to the city (although I didn't need it)

I'm not trying to preach, but there's a reason they are so popular. Look at it this way, my Mother is able to use it and do everything on it. Give her a Nokia, or any Android handset, and I bet she'd not have a clue.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Havent you all been reading the ongoing saga with the new iphone?

It has a serious flaw, when held it has terrible signal strength and drops calls. If you touch certain parts of the phone with your finger it can just drop out

First apple said there was no problem despite the massive outcry from people. Then they said its a software fault, when it clearly isnt and now they are suggesting you use a case as a work around so your hand isnt touching the phone itself.

If you are planning on getting one just do a google search for iphone news in the last month

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.