Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Investor retirement visa

Investor retirement visa

Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:28 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Investor retirement visa

Do any of you know much about the Investor retirement visa. I have read all the documents relating to this visa on the DIMIA site, and have spoken to them about it in length, on behalf of my parents. The one thing I have forgotten to ask anyone, is are there any restrictions on which type of property a couple on this visa can buy. Some of the visas seem to restrict people to only second hand properties, or only new, or dont let you buy land etc etc. Does anyone know if there are similar restrictions with this visa, or could my parents buy any type of house they desired, and could they also buy a plot and build if they wanted to?

Cheers if you know.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Investor retirement visa

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Do any of you know much about the Investor retirement visa. I have read all the documents relating to this visa on the DIMIA site, and have spoken to them about it in length, on behalf of my parents. The one thing I have forgotten to ask anyone, is are there any restrictions on which type of property a couple on this visa can buy. Some of the visas seem to restrict people to only second hand properties, or only new, or dont let you buy land etc etc. Does anyone know if there are similar restrictions with this visa, or could my parents buy any type of house they desired, and could they also buy a plot and build if they wanted to?

Cheers if you know.
Sorry I can't give a definitive answer but there are similar things with FIRB as to what types of properties foreign investors can purchase in Australia.

OzTennis
Old Nov 7th 2006, 9:16 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Sorry I can't give a definitive answer but there are similar things with FIRB as to what types of properties foreign investors can purchase in Australia.

OzTennis
Thanks for that, does anyone know anymore please?
Old Nov 7th 2006, 10:19 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The Investor Retirement visa is a temporary residency visa, so FIRB approval will be required before established real estate can be bought.

Have a look at www.firb.gov.au, and maybe telephone them if you are unclear about anything - they are usually very helpful!

Best regards.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:06 am
Karma earned, not whored

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
The Investor Retirement visa is a temporary residency visa, so FIRB approval will be required before established real estate can be bought.

Have a look at www.firb.gov.au, and maybe telephone them if you are unclear about anything - they are usually very helpful!

Best regards.
Thanks for that Alan, I was hoping you would respond. I had already read their site, and sort of had it in my head, how it all worked, but I have just rung them now, and had a long conversation with a very helpful lady, who has pointed me in the right direction, and explained everything fully. So thanks again.