British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Investment linked questions. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/investment-linked-questions-108867/)

MikenWendy Jun 14th 2002 11:04 am

Investment linked questions.

I know a while back that someone applied for an Investor Visa. I am going down the same route and just have to get copies certified (seeing solicitor this afternoon) and should get it in tonights post.

My question, to people that have gone down this path, when can we (wife and 3 kids) expect to hear anything. I've looked at the austimeline site and there is not one application in this catergory. I shall of course be putting our details there for others to see but wondered if there was anyone who might be so kind as to enlighten us.

BTW, at http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...singtimes.html it states 4 months. How realistic is this?

TIA

Mike & Wendy

MikenWendy Jun 17th 2002 11:12 am

Re: Investment linked questions.

This thread got a reply on misc.immigration.australia+nz 3 days ago and yet it still hasn't appeared here. Is anyone looking into this? I have replied to the person (I think) via google groups.

The whole newsgroup thing seems messed up at the moment.

Mike.

Rob Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

MikenWendy wrote:

>My question, to people that have gone down this path, when can we (wife and 3 kids)
    >expect to hear anything.

I sent my application off on May 21st 2002. The cheque was cashed on May 27th 2002.

I've heard absolutely nothing from them.

I applied for the police checks on the 23rd because I know they are hopelessly slow
and the £10 is peanuts if I have to repeat it later. No reply from New Scotland Yard
yet and the £10 cheque hasn't been cashed.

> I've looked at the austimeline site and there is not one application in this
    > catergory.

been there, done that. I asked the admin to add the business visa classes to the site
because I was unable to share my timeline there until the input side of things
accepts business applicants. No response from my email on that request so far.

Some days I wonder if everyone else are figments of my imagination :-/

> I shall of course be putting our details there for others to see but wondered if
    > there was anyone who might be so kind as to enlighten us.
    >
    >BTW, at http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...singtimes.html it states 4
    >months. How realistic is this?

Oooo. Last time I looked there (in the last 3 weeks) it said 12 months. Now that's
got me excited.

I think Alan Collett of GoMatilda.com estimated a 6 month wait in one of his replies
to me here in the past month.

M Webb Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

> been there, done that. I asked the admin to add the business visa classes to the
    > site because I was unable to share my timeline there until the input side of things
    > accepts business applicants. No response from my email on that request so far.
    >
    > Some days I wonder if everyone else are figments of my imagination :-/
    >

Rob,

They have added the class now. I just logged our application. I would appreciate
it very much if you would keep this group up to date with your app. I'll apply for
the police checks this week. Hopefully, we (ourselves and 3 kids) are going out
there in July to have a look. Wife and kids at area, schools, housing and general
stuff. Myself to look at possible business opportunities. Have you any specific
business plans?

BTW, I have only just seen your reply. I think something is wrong with newsgroups at
the moment. I can't get access through bt and britishexpats is not updating so I'm
posting this through google.

Mike & Wendy.

Rob Jun 17th 2002 4:14 pm

M Webb wrote:

>Rob,
    >
    >They have added the class now. I just logged our application.

Me too.

> I would appreciate it very much if you would keep this group up to date with
    > your app.

I'll do my best.

>Have you any specific business plans?

None. The company I use for tax and investment advice is a multinational, and they
have a few Oz offices. Nearer the time I'll be using them for advice on how best
to proceed.

Good luck!

M Webb Jun 17th 2002 5:20 pm

Rob,

You just nearly gave me a heart attack. I went to the austimeline site and saw
you had put your info there. Clicked on your name and there it was. Form 927
received stamped. Form 927, what the $%^& is form 927, I'd not even heard of it.
I quickly opened the pdf file that is the business skills migration booklet and
searched for form 927. Phewwww, this form is for the business owner category or
have I got something confused here. For the investment linked visa it doesn't
appear to be required.

Mike.

Rob Jun 17th 2002 6:20 pm

M Webb wrote:

>Rob,
    >
    >You just nearly gave me a heart attack. I went to the austimeline site and saw you
    >had put your info there. Clicked on your name and there it was. Form 927 received
    >stamped. Form 927, what the $%^& is form 927, I'd not even heard of it. I quickly
    >opened the pdf file that is the business skills migration booklet and searched for
    >form 927. Phewwww, this form is for the business owner category or have I got
    >something confused here. For the investment linked visa it doesn't appear to be
    >required.

You're probably right. I read about the form on one of the Oz websites where it
didn't mention it being conditional on the visa subcategory.

The booklet confirms your view though, so don't worry about it. Sorry for the scare.

The nice man in Adelaide who stamped it for me didn't say it wasn't necessary. The
form was pointless. I gave my name and address to the state and they stamped a form.

Oh by the way, did you remember to send your old passports too ?, only kidding ;)