Introduction

Old May 18th 2016, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Paul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction

Thanks Grayling
Old May 18th 2016, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife would not qualify for the visa due to the degree issue raised already.

So you would need to be the main applicant, note that there have been rumours that accountant will come off the list due to the massive over supply off accountants in Australia and levels of unemployed accountants. Personally, I don't think it will because immigration seem a bit slow to pick up trends, but you might want to wait until July 1st when new lists are usually issued.

Are you a fully qualified accountant by the way. Just asking as you have been working as one since you were 18 so presume you don't have a degree which would bring 15 points to the application. There are some special rules for accountant, normally 60 points are required for skilled migration but for accountants it is 65 or 70 (it has chopped and changed).

If you got the visa on strength of your occupation, your wife could take a particulat course which bridges from diploma to degree and would enable her to get the registration she would need to work.

Good luck.
Old May 18th 2016, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Paul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond reputePaul2202 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bermudashorts.

I am not ACA or ACCA qualified, my qualification is AAT.

I filled in an on-line form yesterday and it came back saying we'd have enough points.

Thanks for your post and your advice, it looks like we've got a lot more to research than what we probably first thought. Again, as i've mentioned in earlier posts we are only at the first stages of gathering information etc.

Thanks again
Old May 18th 2016, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul2202
Thanks Bermudashorts.

I am not ACA or ACCA qualified, my qualification is AAT.

I filled in an on-line form yesterday and it came back saying we'd have enough points.

Thanks for your post and your advice, it looks like we've got a lot more to research than what we probably first thought. Again, as i've mentioned in earlier posts we are only at the first stages of gathering information etc.

Thanks again
Unfortunately at this point then, I do not believe that you will qualify for a visa either. The first step in the process is to obtain a positive skills assessment but the AAT qualification will not be sufficient for that. You would need either an accounting degree or a full accountancy qualification, not the technician qualification.

I believe either your wife or yourself will need to undertake some extra study to top up qualifications. As an aside, I am curious as to how you could have enough points without a degree or accountancy qualification? How did you add those up?
Old May 18th 2016, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

I didn't add them up, I was asked a series of questions which I answered and was given a score. I didn't take it any further as I was using it as a guideline.

Again, thanks for your post and assistance.
Old May 18th 2016, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't add them up, I was asked a series of questions which I answered and was given a score. I didn't take it any further as I was using it as a guideline.

Again, thanks for your post and assistance.
Ok well I calculate you could get 60 based on your age and maximum points for work experience and English language. Usually this is enough, but it isn't for accountant. Anyway a moot point sadly.

You need to think about who is best to go back to school, tempted to think your wife as more likely that nurse will stay on the lists.
Old May 18th 2016, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Ok well I calculate you could get 60 based on your age and maximum points for work experience and English language. Usually this is enough, but it isn't for accountant. Anyway a moot point sadly.

You need to think about who is best to go back to school, tempted to think your wife as more likely that nurse will stay on the lists.
Thanks, something we will need to add to our list of things to do.

Cheers Bermudashorts.
Old May 18th 2016, 3:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse of Scouse,

My Wifes family lived on Knowsley road until she was around 10 years old, so we know Marsh Lane very well. We still have family living in the area.
Nice to see more Bootle people about. I know that some of the area doesn't have a great reputation but I think most of it is great. Scouse and I stayed in a flat on Oxford Road for 4 months a few years back and I enjoyed every minute - walking to the Merton for a pint, walking to the Strand and the library, getting barred out of the winey Apparently that's quite a hard thing to do, I'll tell you more when I know you better

Before my move to the UK, I lived in Perth WA my entire life. I'm enjoying my visit back here, but also looking forward to going home to New Brighton, because it definitely is home now.

Croker, I forgot you were a blue nose The Reds are going to OWN Sevilla tonight! 2:45am kick-off here
Old May 18th 2016, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Nice to see more Bootle people about. I know that some of the area doesn't have a great reputation but I think most of it is great. Scouse and I stayed in a flat on Oxford Road for 4 months a few years back and I enjoyed every minute - walking to the Merton for a pint, walking to the Strand and the library, getting barred out of the winey Apparently that's quite a hard thing to do, I'll tell you more when I know you better

Before my move to the UK, I lived in Perth WA my entire life. I'm enjoying my visit back here, but also looking forward to going home to New Brighton, because it definitely is home now.

Croker, I forgot you were a blue nose The Reds are going to OWN Sevilla tonight! 2:45am kick-off here

Enjoy the game!!

And i'm intrigued as to how you get barred from a winey!!!
Old May 18th 2016, 10:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

The Reds are going to OWN Sevilla tonight! 2:45am kick-off here
Old May 19th 2016, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to think about it jobs. Accounting is on the list, however, it was flagged for removal but hasn't been. The reason it was flagged is there is an over supply of accountants in Australia
Old May 20th 2016, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

There is a way over subscription of accountants in Australia from all accounts. I would not pay too much heed to the list of vocations on the immigration web site. Very little is excluded and one can only wonder the reasoning behind such antics during a time of slow growth and close to wage stagnation.
Old May 20th 2016, 3:11 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by the troubadour
There is a way over subscription of accountants in Australia from all accounts. I would not pay too much heed to the list of vocations on the immigration web site. Very little is excluded and one can only wonder the reasoning behind such antics during a time of slow growth and close to wage stagnation.
People have to pay heed to the SOL and CSOL lists, having your occupation on them is the only way to get into Oz via a skilled migration visa!
Old May 20th 2016, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

People have to pay heed to the SOL and CSOL lists, having your occupation on them is the only way to get into Oz via a skilled migration visa!

And the object to paying heed to SOL and CSOL lists if there is little employment in the area of application being?
Only right to bring attention to applicants applying under the skilled migration visa, that though on the list it may well prove exceedingly difficult to obtain work in nominated area.

The economy is rather stagnant, in certain states more than others perhaps, but still a case of buyer be aware. It is a very costly business to emigrate and best to enter the fray with eyes wide open.
Old May 20th 2016, 6:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by the troubadour
And the object to paying heed to SOL and CSOL lists if there is little employment in the area of application being?
Only right to bring attention to applicants applying under the skilled migration visa, that though on the list it may well prove exceedingly difficult to obtain work in nominated area.

The economy is rather stagnant, in certain states more than others perhaps, but still a case of buyer be aware. It is a very costly business to emigrate and best to enter the fray with eyes wide open.
Well you didn't quote what you replying to, so I thought you were responding to the OP's first post.
Why do people get so frigging narky around here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.