Introduction

Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:08 am
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Introduction

I have just realised that we have started posting here and chiping in without any introduction we are a family of 4 (soon to be 5) from a little village near Bath (although we are currently living in wales) we are headed to Brisbane as soon as we can sell our house - like a lot of others it seems.

Only I needed a visa as my wife is an Australian citizen and the children are Australian citizens by descent, we have validated the visa on a 5 week trip and can't wait to actually get out there and start living it for real although we have no jobs lined up but do have realtives to stay with for the first weeks/months while we either buy or build a house.

That is all I can think of for now, not much of an introduction I know but I am sure we will get to know each other better over the coming months.

Great site.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:18 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Introduction

Originally Posted by CON
I have just realised that we have started posting here and chiping in without any introduction we are a family of 4 (soon to be 5) from a little village near Bath (although we are currently living in wales) we are headed to Brisbane as soon as we can sell our house - like a lot of others it seems.

Only I needed a visa as my wife is an Australian citizen and the children are Australian citizens by descent, we have validated the visa on a 5 week trip and can't wait to actually get out there and start living it for real although we have no jobs lined up but do have realtives to stay with for the first weeks/months while we either buy or build a house.

That is all I can think of for now, not much of an introduction I know but I am sure we will get to know each other better over the coming months.

Great site.

Hey Con,

Welcome to the site - glad you realise now it wasnt personal and the site was just being upgraded
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.
It didn't work then

Welcome Con.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:17 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Welcome Con!

We were the same at the beginning - posting without an intro!!

Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:26 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Con! Nice to have you.

Hope you fnd everything you are looking for... in here and in life

Siren
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:47 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CON

Great site.

Welcome to the Forum.

You'll have some fun on here and there's always someone who can answer any question you may have. I've found it invaluable.

Good luck on the impending little one

D D
Old Aug 8th 2004, 12:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Introduction

Welcome to the madhouse Con.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 5:17 pm
CON
Banned

Thanks for the welcome guys it feels great to of found this site, it is just a pity we did not stumble across it while we were preparing and submitting our spouse application last year. Anyway, we still have a few questions in us and will no doubt be a draw on the collective knowledge contained here once we feel brave enough to start our own thread.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CON, good luck in your move to Qld.

Love the avatar!
Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:18 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CON

Great site.
Hi there,
We are also living in Wales, but we're still waiting for spouse visa to be granted - shouldn't be long now hopefully!!
I'm an Aussie Citizen living in Wales and hubbie has applied for the spouse visa and we have a house to sell also. We've decided after looking at advice previously given on this site - to put the house up for sale now so that once visa granted - we won't have to wait too long!!
We are also Brisbane bound and have no jobs - but also have relllies to stay with for a few weeks in Bracken Ridge - North Brisbane.
When do you anticipate being in Brisbane and what part of Brisbane are you heading for????
And I agree this is a fab site - I've only started looking on here the last few weeks and had some great advice already - thank God for British ExPats.com
Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Con and welcome to the forum, good luck with your move!
Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:41 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CON

Great site.
G'day Con!

I'm new here too - my 'newbie' message is in The Lounge as I wasn't sure where to start!

I'm an Aussie, currently living with my English partner in Lincs. Looking at heading back to Oz (both of us) sometime in the relatively near future, though we haven't started the application process yet.

Have you ever been to Australia? The lifestyle in Brisbane is a great one, I think!

Look forward to 'talking' to you again.

Good luck with everything.

Cheers,
PR

Old Aug 8th 2004, 8:53 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CON]I have just realised that we have started posting here and chiping in without any introduction we are a family of 4 (soon to be 5) from a little village near Bath (although we are currently living in wales) we are headed to Brisbane as soon as we can sell our house - like a lot of others it seems.
QUOTE]

Welcome CON..
and ProofReader;

Good Luck with it all - especially the house sale - fingers crossed for September when I'm sure the buyers will be out in droves - you just have to ask Phoenix2Oz to wave her magic wand for you!!!
Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:10 pm
CON
Banned

[QUOTE=arnie2oz]
Originally Posted by CON
QUOTE]

Welcome CON..
and ProofReader;

Good Luck with it all - especially the house sale - fingers crossed for September when I'm sure the buyers will be out in droves - you just have to ask Phoenix2Oz to wave her magic wand for you!!!
I feel right at home here now, I have got my feet well and truly under the table, I even started my own thread although nobody has replied yet we are looking to rent somewhere near the family for the early days and they are dotted around Brisbane and Ipswich, we liked Fig tree pocket and as we get on well with my uncle who lives there we are thinking about renting there for a while and see what develops.
Let's hope you are right about the September rush for houses, we have just turned down our second offer which was 6K below the asking price, we just hope that does not turn out to be a bad move and that the exchange rate works for us when the time arrives.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Con,

firstly welcome!

Quick question for you, where near Bath are you from? My parents live in Corsham, and if I am ever in the UK, my first port of call is the Two Pigs, Corsham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.