Introducing....

Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:51 am
Going to Perth late 2005

timk is on a distinguished road
Post Introducing....

Hi,

I am new to this discussion board thing, please bear with me.

I don’t really have a point or question to ask, just want to introduce myself to the forum. I spent yesterday going through a lot of the past messages, there are some very valuable information and links that I have strayed upon.

Me and my wife, have been considering moving to oz for a few years. I looked into the process a year ago, and the effort required seemed very daunting, therefore did not progress. The urges came back at the start of the year and we decided that we would go for it. A huge leap of faith was required to consider giving up a tried and tested lifestyle here and move to a far away place.

I have just sent my TRA application in, it took approx 6 months to obtain all references. I found this part of the process very time consuming and stressful, as I was reliant on ex-colleagues to provide references. They all didn’t have my sense of urgency or any realisation as to the importance of the reference. It is hard to harass people when they are doing you a favour.

Now that the TRA application has been made, I am totally relaxed and eager to get on with visa application. The visa application appears to be just a pure paper exercise and with little scope for derailment if all the right information is provided. Hope I am not simplifying it too much.

We have two children and a large extended family on both sides, all have no idea what we are planning. We decided that we will only let everyone know, once we have the TRA assessment completed and put our house on the market.

That’s all for now, hopefully haven’t bored the pants of you all

timk
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:12 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Introducing....

Originally Posted by timk
Hi,

I am new to this discussion board thing, please bear with me.

I don’t really have a point or question to ask, just want to introduce myself to the forum. I spent yesterday going through a lot of the past messages, there are some very valuable information and links that I have strayed upon.

Me and my wife, have been considering moving to oz for a few years. I looked into the process a year ago, and the effort required seemed very daunting, therefore did not progress. The urges came back at the start of the year and we decided that we would go for it. A huge leap of faith was required to consider giving up a tried and tested lifestyle here and move to a far away place.

I have just sent my TRA application in, it took approx 6 months to obtain all references. I found this part of the process very time consuming and stressful, as I was reliant on ex-colleagues to provide references. They all didn’t have my sense of urgency or any realisation as to the importance of the reference. It is hard to harass people when they are doing you a favour.

Now that the TRA application has been made, I am totally relaxed and eager to get on with visa application. The visa application appears to be just a pure paper exercise and with little scope for derailment if all the right information is provided. Hope I am not simplifying it too much.

We have two children and a large extended family on both sides, all have no idea what we are planning. We decided that we will only let everyone know, once we have the TRA assessment completed and put our house on the market.

That’s all for now, hopefully haven’t bored the pants of you all

timk

Welcome to the madhouse!
Lucy
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

nibblo will become famous soon enoughnibblo will become famous soon enough

Hi Tim and family - welcome to the forum.
We all too feel the same apprehension of what lies ahead - but well done for actually biting the bullet and giving it a go - you never know until you try !!
Good luck with the rest of your application
Nibblo
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:20 am
Cheeky

Hi timk,

Big welcome to the forum!!!

Good luck with the TRA and visa app!!

Regards, Cheeky

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:20 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by lucyb
Welcome to the madhouse!
Lucy

What she said
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & Welcome

All the best with your TRA!

Sue2
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:20 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Tim

It can be a long and arduous process with lots of ups and downs.
The most difficult part is usually the next one, and the next one and so on.
Each hurdle passed is one less though and eventually you look back and wonder where the time went.

Bare in mind there is also the immigration forum which is very useful for specific visa questions.

Good luck m8
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:32 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Tony.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:38 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Welcome

Half of the process is having the tenacity to carry it through. Being a member of this site will help as all of us have run the DIMIA hurdle in one way or another.

Good luck