Reload this Page >

Intro and question about ACS

Intro and question about ACS

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
Just Joined

LindyClogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intro and question about ACS

Hi all,

We're just starting the process of applying for Skilled Migrant visas to (hopefully) move our family to Melbourne. The first step will be the ACS assessment of my husband's quals and experience. He has a PhD in Computer Science and has skills on the MODL list so we should be OK but he has been working as a contractor for a while and I'm not sure what evidence of experience the ACS will need.

Has anyone else passed the ACS assessment who has been a contractor? Did you send lots of colleague references and agency references? What else will the ACS accept?

I know their website has lots of guidelines but it would be useful to know what they actually accept.

Thanks for any help anyone can give
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future
Default Re: Intro and question about ACS

Originally Posted by LindyClogs
Hi all,

We're just starting the process of applying for Skilled Migrant visas to (hopefully) move our family to Melbourne. The first step will be the ACS assessment of my husband's quals and experience. He has a PhD in Computer Science and has skills on the MODL list so we should be OK but he has been working as a contractor for a while and I'm not sure what evidence of experience the ACS will need.

Has anyone else passed the ACS assessment who has been a contractor? Did you send lots of colleague references and agency references? What else will the ACS accept?

I know their website has lots of guidelines but it would be useful to know what they actually accept.

Thanks for any help anyone can give
Yes I passed ACS as a contractor. Manager references were fine. Never needed agency references. Colleague references only used where previous emplyers no longer existed or no one I knew was still at company.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

LindyClogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Intro and question about ACS

Thanks for taking the time to reply ossigeno. Hopefully we'll send off the ACS stuff next week, when we get the references back that we've asked for, then wait (and wait and wait judging by messages on other threads...)