Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interviews for Aussie Migration

Interviews for Aussie Migration

Old Jul 1st 2002, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

princef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interviews for Aussie Migration

Are interviews compulsory for all applicants applying for migration to Australia under the Skilled Independent category? If not, what type of applicants are called for interviews and what sort of questions are asked? Also, how many weeks before an interview is the applicant notified about the interview by DIMA?
Old Jul 2nd 2002, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interviews for Aussie Migration

I can only give you my experience of applying for the same visa, which was issued without me having to attend for an interview, so it would appear not to be compulsory. Interviews probably only carried out if there is something specific about an individual application that they want to check out.
Old Jul 2nd 2002, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

princef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interviews for Aussie Migration

a1macc,

Thanks alot for the info. Hope I'll be able to get the visa without the hassle of going for an interview. Since I have applied from Saudi Arabia, interviews are conducted either in Greece or Dubai.

PF