Reload this Page >

Interview HELP!!!!

Interview HELP!!!!

Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview HELP!!!!

Can anyone help!
How bad are the telephone interviews with the immigration! We've been told that there will be a brief interview but not what to expect.
Can anyone tell us how they got on !
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:48 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview HELP!!!!

Originally posted by anypan
Can anyone help!
How bad are the telephone interviews with the immigration! We've been told that there will be a brief interview but not what to expect.
Can anyone tell us how they got on !
I haven't heard anyone on here mention interviews.

May they do them sometime, but if so, then it's definetly very very rare!

Did DIMIA tell you they were going to interview you?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

We have applied to migrate under a de-facto visa which went to austalia house this week.
We were told by our agent that it will take about 6 weeks to turn it around and that within a week we should have confirmation about a telephone interview that will take place. But nobody has told us what is involved apart from the fact that it will be brief.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

DIMIA rang me when I applied for my Pros Spouse visa - I just had to confirm our names and dates of birth, and my passport number.
Lots of de factos on here, and I can't remember anyone getting a more strenuous interview than that. In fact most have been granted without any calls at all.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anypan
We have applied to migrate under a de-facto visa which went to austalia house this week.
We were told by our agent that it will take about 6 weeks to turn it around and that within a week we should have confirmation about a telephone interview that will take place. But nobody has told us what is involved apart from the fact that it will be brief.
Ah right!
Well, Polly's come to the rescue already!

We had a real interview in Berlin. Can't even call it that, it was more checking through the papers!

Good luck, I really think it won't be difficult, especially if you're telling the truth
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:27 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by Pollyana
DIMIA rang me when I applied for my Pros Spouse visa - I just had to confirm our names and dates of birth, and my passport number.
Lots of de factos on here, and I can't remember anyone getting a more strenuous interview than that. In fact most have been granted without any calls at all.
Yup, last person I remember getting a call was Jasper Pentop; they were told over the phone I think that they had their visa... no probs
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone
Ah right!
Well, Polly's come to the rescue already!

We had a real interview in Berlin. Can't even call it that, it was more checking through the papers!

Good luck, I really think it won't be difficult, especially if you're telling the truth
Yeah, I was the same - after the phone call she gave me an appointment, went to London and got the visa over the counter (you can't do that now). While she checked the papers we chatted about when I was planning to go to Oz, when was the wedding, stuff like that - but more of a chat to fill the time, than an interview.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

thats good to hear thanks everybody we were getting a bit worried

sean & angela