Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Interstate Removal Agents should I contact - GC to Melb?

Which Interstate Removal Agents should I contact - GC to Melb?

Old May 2nd 2011, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of
Default Which Interstate Removal Agents should I contact - GC to Melb?

I know, I know, that old chestnut, but the last posts I found that were really interesting were by Mr Mover ages ago and I wondered if his list was still valid (Grace, Wridgeway and Allied Pickfords, followed by Kents and Chess).

We have a full 20ft containers amount of stuff to move from the Gold Coast to the Mornington area and we aren't made of money , but I'm already dreading getting on the merry-go-round of agents jockeying for the job, so my idea was just to contact those with a good rep, I'm hoping it will be better here than it was in the UK... what a bear fight that was...wish Robinsons were out here too...

If you have anyone you can recommend please speak up, I'm all ears (or eyes ).

Cheers Kiz
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which Interstate Removal Agents should I contact - GC to Melb?

I used kent, syd to melb and back again and they were great..
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:44 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

We used Kent from Bribie Island QLD to the Blue Mountains NSW and found them to be very good.

It was very expensive though - but it was a work funded move thank God.
Old May 2nd 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

We are using Robinson's for our move and the gentleman who did our quote has moved back to Australia and this is his family's firm. http://www.walkmove.com.au
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A few months back I contacted several companies about moving stuff Brisbane to Mel, and the only one interested was Kent. The others didnt reply to calls or website contacts
Old May 2nd 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for your help, I'm going to hang on for a couple more days before ringing around, but will def be contacting Kent. There are so many of them out there that its difficult to know who to ask for quotes, but I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply, thanks!

Kiz
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

we did it with a company called http://www.youpack.com.au/, we did all the packing ourselves & nothing broke, we bought bubbles wrap, blankets & boxes from them & still it came half the price of what you pay, we moved from Qld to NSW.
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris & Farideh
We did consider doing the move this way, but our drive is on a very steep hill, one car width and services 3 other houses so theres nowhere they would be able to leave the container without getting in the way of our neighbours, plus our container over here was so tight one guy stood on another truck holding everything in while his 2 mates quickly shut the doors, they had to leave a note to AQIS to be careful when they opened it up! So I dont think we'd be able to do it ourselves, half the price is very tempting tho...
Kiz

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
we did it with a company called http://www.youpack.com.au/, we did all the packing ourselves & nothing broke, we bought bubbles wrap, blankets & boxes from them & still it came half the price of what you pay, we moved from Qld to NSW.