interpol

Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default interpol

hi all, my wife is looking to work with children in wa. we have been told she needs to be checked out by interpol. does anyone know how to do this. as ive contacted interpol website in france and local police, to no avail.

regards tony.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 8:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: interpol

Originally Posted by tony s
hi all, my wife is looking to work with children in wa. we have been told she needs to be checked out by interpol. does anyone know how to do this. as ive contacted interpol website in france and local police, to no avail.

regards tony.
I think someone's pulling your chain. In WA you need a police clearance cert and a Working with Children Card (WCC)

http://www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au/default.htm
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

lissylee is an unknown quantity at this point

You attend the local police station for a police check, can be done there and then and will set you back approx $50,
the working with children check - form can be obtained and completed at the post office, approx $50.
You will need some ID to apply for both, an address and passport etc. If you are renting when you get here you will need to take the rental aggreement with you.
Hope that helps
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lissylee
You attend the local police station for a police check, can be done there and then and will set you back approx $50,
the working with children check - form can be obtained and completed at the post office, approx $50.
You will need some ID to apply for both, an address and passport etc. If you are renting when you get here you will need to take the rental aggreement with you.
Hope that helps
If an interpol check needs to be done, it should be done by the WA Police, after you have submitted your details to them for their check.
It would be very unusual though as the checks usually take months, and rarely come back with info unless you are a major criminal. There are all kinds of issues with international Data Proection and Freedom of Info laws.
The best they can reasonably ask for is a copy of a UK police check, but there is no legal obligation for her to provide this, and they cannot request it from the UK police - she would have to do it herself, by the same route as the checks for immigration, and then it is up to her if she decides to hand it over.

Can I ask who told her she would need to be checked by Interpol?

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 26th 2007 at 2:15 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 11:14 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If an inetrpol check needs to be done, it should be done by the WA Police, after you have submitted your details to them for their check.
It would be very unusual though as the checks usually take months, and rarely come back with info unless you are a major criminal. There are all kinds of issues with international data Proection and freedom of Info laws.
The best they can reasonably ask for is a copy of a UK police check, but there is no legal obligation for her to provide this, and they cannot request it from the UK police - she would have to do it herself, by the same route as the checks for immigration, and then it is up to her if she decides to hand it over.

Can I ask who told her she would need to be checked by Interpol?
One doesn't need an Interpol check.

I know, I work with children and Inspector Clouseau aint been knocking on my door yet
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
One doesn't need an Interpol check.

I know, I work with children and Inspector Clouseau aint been knocking on my door yet
I'm inclined to agree. we do police checks on our SES volunteers and the subject was recently discussed - could we do an interpol check and what would the benefits be. I've been through this in the UK too. Its not feasible, not for something like this. The only time I could forsee it happening would be if the State Police came up with a flag on their records suggesting that THEY contact Interpol - and then the subject of the check (the OP) wouldn't now about it anyway. He/she also wouldn't get the job cos if they are the subject of an Interpol flag I think they would have better things to worry about!

I had a record come up on someone in the UK once with a Special Branch flag on it - never seen the guys in the next office move so fast. Subject of the check didn't know what hit him.