Reload this Page >

Internet and TV Plans

Internet and TV Plans

Old Jun 11th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet and TV Plans

Can anyone help me please.
I am coming out soon to Brisbane and over the past 8 years lived in Canada.
Thie situation is that we download all tv programs from the box and pretome.
And now we are moving the need to get certain shows will be greater.
can anyone give me an ideas of tv and internet providers please?
cost, limits etc
many thanks
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet and TV Plans

Originally Posted by weezypenguin
Can anyone help me please.
I am coming out soon to Brisbane and over the past 8 years lived in Canada.
Thie situation is that we download all tv programs from the box and pretome.
And now we are moving the need to get certain shows will be greater.
can anyone give me an ideas of tv and internet providers please?
cost, limits etc
many thanks

TPG unlimited ADSL+2 @ 24 Mbps = 59 bucks per month... includes phone line rental. They have a limited IPTV service... I personally subscribe to the box as well.

IInet 400 Gigs 89 bucks per month naked no phone line required + 18 bucks per month to Pennytel gives me unlimited standard phone calls anywhere overseas + 150 mobile calls or 500 minutes per month. They have a service called Fetch TV which has about 35 channels plus 30 movies per month.

http://www.iinet.net.au/fetchtv/

Foxtel packages start at around 50 bucks per month... they have an introductory service at present @ 6 bucks per month.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/default.htm

From the news I can glean... looks like worrying about TV content will be a thing of the past within 24 to 36 months, with TV companies like the BBC NBC ITV and CBS about to start global subscription.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 10:47 pm
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

In Brisbane, we have unlimited internet using ADSL2 (down the telephone line) from TPG. It costs $50 a month and this includes telephone line rental, and the cost of calls is fairly reasonable. It uses an ordinary modem and telephone. It is quick enough to permit TV streaming. It cannot connect to a fax machine, however.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

would you recommend TPG over Telstra?
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:20 pm
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by newkiwi
No. But I'd look at Internode over Telstra they are just bringing out a fetchTV solution. Check out whirlpool.net.au too.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:42 pm
UK migrant now in Oz

jorgon will become famous soon enough

Of course, yes.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
I'd recommend most ISPs over Telstra.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of

Don't touch Telstra, biggest rip off merchants in this country.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

to be fair, telstra has the best network by far however their pricing is ridiculous.

im with tpg and never had an issue - dont bother with foxtel, waste of money full of advertisements and rubbish repeats from 1990's.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of

We were with AAPT for a while without any problems, but switched to Westnet when we moved. We have an all in package for phone + broadband (100gb) for $79. That is on a month to month contract. Excellent value and their customer support is the best I've come across.