Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

internet soooo bloody expensive

internet soooo bloody expensive

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 7:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: internet soooo bloody expensive

Originally Posted by seang
hadnt seen that or told about it. I am still using the 3 like home and nothing extra showing up om my bill. will mail them and ask. will post reply
Thanks. for you.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
No it isn't:

"The reason that prices are so high is because consumers accept them and the government is complicit in allowing business to get away with it."

Is that obvious enough?
I was responding to "The reason that prices are so high is because consumers accept them".

Is that obvious enough?

Last edited by fish.01; Aug 2nd 2009 at 11:47 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
This is the one we are on at present.Don't want to change plans or companies as we don't know how much longer we will be here for.We also claim internet through our business (i think we get a percentage).Most charge if you pull out of the contract early,there is no one to take it over eg son or daughters as they already have it.

Been looking at Sky package for free international calls to Australia,free evening calls nationally,internet and tv for 25 pounds a month.(bargain).also you get the freeview channels there as well.

It costs us $110 mth telephone and $99 for internet.No tv package as i won't pay to keep watching the same thing all month!!! (dh watches the history channel when we go to our daughters for a weekend) down in Perth.
Don't forget you also need to factor in TV licence - isn't it about £12 per month now?

Our phone here in Australia costs $29.95 per month line rental plus call costs (rarely goes over $45-$50 per month) and we have the $99.95 broadband (25GB then "shaped"). We don't have payTV as I couldn't justify the price - far rather have the internet than payTV.

We did look at changing to another broadband provider (I think TPG was a favourite for a time - something like 40GB peak + 110GB offpeak for around $50 or thereabouts?). However we were put off by the fact we'd have to lock into a contract and if we moved house and wanted to tfr the service they'd charge us the fee for breaking the contract. And even if we were outside the contracted period, they still charge through the nose to tfr to another address. As we rent, we couldn't be certain we'd be in this property for the duration of the contract. If we ever buy then we'll certainly shop around