Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Internet dial up - pay as you go?

Internet dial up - pay as you go?

Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:22 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default Internet dial up - pay as you go?

does anyone know of an Oz internet dial-up where you just pay as you go with no committment, e.g. like Tiscali or UKinternet....all the Oz companies want a monthly subscription etc....or a fixed fee...

Ray
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Internet dial up - pay as you go?

Originally Posted by RayZor
does anyone know of an Oz internet dial-up where you just pay as you go with no committment, e.g. like Tiscali or UKinternet....all the Oz companies want a monthly subscription etc....or a fixed fee...

Ray
(I met her on a Monday and my heart grew still: De Doo Ron Ron Ron) Dodo do one

You buy a DVD case with a voucher sticker for the number of minutes you want. There are other similar providers too. You'll get them in any computer shop.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 1:55 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Bigpond do it, if you look on their website you'll find the details.

Lynn
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I used ripper.com.au to start me off. Worked very well and good connection speed.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
I used ripper.com.au to start me off. Worked very well and good connection speed.
Hi marco , just been looking at the ripper thread you left on ,seems quite a reasonable deal but i was wondering if you could tell me what the telephone dial up connections cost in oz / minute. cheers for any help bobby
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 9:05 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Ray
Optus, Dodo, Telstra, and one of a hundred less well known ISP's. Just watch download limits though.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Ray

We bought 35 hours with Bigpond yesterday. cost $34.95 plus dial up fee and you have to use it up within a certain time as well unlose you lose it. I think they range from about $20 up to $55 depending on how many hours you want.
Old Aug 23rd 2006, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Hi marco , just been looking at the ripper thread you left on ,seems quite a reasonable deal but i was wondering if you could tell me what the telephone dial up connections cost in oz / minute. cheers for any help bobby
Our local calls cost 30c per call.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:51 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Ripper.com.au was the only one I found that had no commitment at all, you can just buy a month at a time, unlimited dial up access for $9.95 I think.
Perfect to start.

Andrew
Old Aug 24th 2006, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

luvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant futureluvit has a brilliant future

Ray
We have used tpg for dial-up think its 9.95 per month (pay 3 months in advance)
Old Aug 24th 2006, 3:24 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

We also used dodo (www.dodo.com.au) it was pretty good and reasonably quick for a dial-up too.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 8:55 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
We also used dodo (www.dodo.com.au) it was pretty good and reasonably quick for a dial-up too.
thanks all for the leads
Old Aug 25th 2006, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Annie get your gun is an unknown quantity at this point

unwired.com.au

Used this since i arrived last year at 4 different addresses in sydney .you need a credit card then selct a package and away you go..!
broadband too.

Rgds
AS

Ray
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We've found Dodo really useless. It keeps loosing connection - and I'm talking about in the first 5min of being online. They didn't phone me back when I tried to get hold of them the other day to complain. Plus the accelerator thing hardly ever works and when it does it only goes max about 6 times faster. I thing their TV advert is totally misleading.

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
We've found Dodo really useless. It keeps loosing connection - and I'm talking about in the first 5min of being online. They didn't phone me back when I tried to get hold of them the other day to complain. Plus the accelerator thing hardly ever works and when it does it only goes max about 6 times faster. I thing their TV advert is totally misleading.
Dodo seems to go in spates - this week it keeps dropping the connection, and it happened a few months back too but overall they're great. the advantage for us is they are unlimited time, unlimited downloads, and they don't hang up every three hours regardless of whether you are using the connection or not
Tried Optus at first but the connection charges and download limit was just useless.