Internet costs

Old May 26th 2003, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Terry,

We had that to begin with but a combination of that, Windows XP and our phone exchange were a big no no. We kept getting frozen out for days at a time until Telstra sent someone out to reset our line at the exchange. It might depend on the location tho.

The phone lines here are the same standard as USA I believe so you would just have to buy an Australian phoneline
Old May 26th 2003, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teliko19
Hi Terry,

We had that to begin with but a combination of that, Windows XP and our phone exchange were a big no no. We kept getting frozen out for days at a time until Telstra sent someone out to reset our line at the exchange. It might depend on the location tho.

The phone lines here are the same standard as USA I believe so you would just have to buy an Australian phoneline
Thx 4 that T
Old May 26th 2003, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem Terry!

Let me know if I can be of any more help

PS anyone wanna chat today?
Old May 26th 2003, 12:37 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Asked the same question a few months back - one of the regulars here (sorry, can't remember who to give the credit to) who already lives out there recommended:

http://www.broadbandchoice.com.au/

A comparison site listing all (most?) of the players in the broadband market.

Very useful.

Perry
Old May 26th 2003, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hubbie here

we're paying $9.90 a month to dodo, which gives us unlimited access and 70Mb/month downloads, which if your just surfing around you should be within that limit,
you then get charged 18 cent /Mb over that, to a maximum capped rate of $14.00 so the most you can pay a month is $23.90.

you get a 4 hour connection time after which you have to connect.

if your over the limit they then move you onto a monthly unlimited downloads account which is $25.00 or $69.90 over 3 months.

although you still get charged the local call connection from the telecom company.
i set up over the phone with a uk credit card and got on line in 30 minutes. its early days so we'll see how we go.

phone 1300 666 330

www.dodo.com.au