Internet costs

Old May 22nd 2003, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet costs

Does anyone know of any ISP's where you don't get charged a local call for dialing up on your modem?

I am unable to get ADSL on my line at the moment and so any type of broadband is not possible, which means that my monthly bill is starting to mount up.

cheers
Old May 22nd 2003, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Teliko19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you based?
Old May 22nd 2003, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

kango_jack will become famous soon enoughkango_jack will become famous soon enough

We would also be interested to know if there are any companies - we are based in Brisbane and as yet haven't found any company which uses a completely free phone number.
We currently use AOL, we were shocked when the 1st phone bill came as foolishly we assumed it was the same as the Uk where we pay $28 a month with no call charges.
Any help appreciated
Annie
Old May 22nd 2003, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

jah4reds is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Internet costs

Maybe not quite what you're looking for- but you could switch over to the Telephone + Internet package from Optus and for $54.95/ month you'll get up 100 local calls free (per month).

http://optusnet.optin.com.au/optusne...upsplash2.html

Primus do something similar for $47.95/month and 50 calls free.

http://www.primustel.com.au/residential/primus_pack.htm

I'm with Optus - seems to be saving me money. I'd like to get cable from Optus but they won't install because Telstra have cabled our area

AndyH.
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

AS far as I know all ISPs in Australia charge a connection fee and then after that, the time spent online is free depending on the company you are with. Thats why we switched to ADSL here! Its just the way the australians do it Plus the download limits as well, thats something you don't usually see in the UK.
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking 4 isp's etc in NZ but no joy as yet. Wanted to set up e-mail address and all that before we got out there any ideas???
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

grahamclan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
I've been looking 4 isp's etc in NZ but no joy as yet. Wanted to set up e-mail address and all that before we got out there any ideas???
hi tizus

try www.paradise.net.nz
www.xtra.co.nz
Old May 23rd 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

mandandbri is an unknown quantity at this point

I Am based in Hillarys in Perth, and according to telstra ADSL was not available.

Any other Ideas??

Optus seems to be best bet at moment.
Old May 26th 2003, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You won't find an ISP that provides free calls for connections in Oz. These so called free calls (via 0800 no) incur a charge to the provider so instead of you paying a local call charge the ISP has to pay for the 0800 call which is even more expensive.

So don't waste your time looking, just look for the best hourly rate or unlimited rate.
Old May 26th 2003, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

We have signed up with Dodo. Don't know anymore than that as hubbie is the one with that part of the brain.

Pott.
Old May 26th 2003, 7:33 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

I've done a lot of hunting on the net and found the iPrimus is the cheapest package for internet provider and telephone service. They do not have a limit on the hours used per month (unlike australian AOL) they do charge a LOCAL call to connect BUT the calls are UNTIMED so we just need to organise our visits to the net a bit better and do it all in one visit - if possible:lecture:

Last edited by yafm; May 26th 2003 at 11:49 am.
Old May 26th 2003, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Can you let me know how it goes with dodo? My boyfriend has been reluctant to sign with them. We are with Netspace at the moment, haven't had any problems!
Old May 26th 2003, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teliko19
AS far as I know all ISPs in Australia charge a connection fee and then after that, the time spent online is free depending on the company you are with. Thats why we switched to ADSL here! Its just the way the australians do it Plus the download limits as well, thats something you don't usually see in the UK.

Hi T

hope all is well

what are all the costs involved with ADSL please for 512k down, please ?

Old May 26th 2003, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi Terry:

With Netspace we pay $99 a month for 7GB limit off peak and a 7GB limit onpeak.

Dodo I think is $66 a month unlimited... not sure of the speed. The ads are a bit dodgy tho, bit scared to sign up with them

Oh and then there is the modem as well..... don't know if you already have one?

Then there is rip off Telstra or Optus who offer I think $60 odd a month for a 500mb limit. I wonder how many suckers fell for that!!
Old May 26th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Teliko19
Hi Terry:

With Netspace we pay $99 a month for 7GB limit off peak and a 7GB limit onpeak.

Dodo I think is $66 a month unlimited... not sure of the speed. The ads are a bit dodgy tho, bit scared to sign up with them

Oh and then there is the modem as well..... don't know if you already have one?

Then there is rip off Telstra or Optus who offer I think $60 odd a month for a 500mb limit. I wonder how many suckers fell for that!!
Hi T

yes ive got a broadband modem in the UK - Alcatel speedtouch USB - will this work ? - Is the connector for the telephone the same ?

Thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.