Reload this Page >

Internet Access ?

Internet Access ?

Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:04 am
dex
Forum Regular

dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Internet Access ?

I'll be making the big move soon, and will have to start job-hunting as soon as I'm there.

Most of the intial work - sending out resumes, fixing up interviews, etc - will be by e-mail, so I'm going to need internet access.

Are cyber-cafes easy to find in most cities?
Or should I bring along a laptop? How easy is it for a just-arrived migrant to get phone line?

Thanks.
-dex
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:26 am
owieb

Default Re: Internet Access ?

Originally posted by dex
I'll be making the big move soon, and will have to start job-hunting as soon as I'm there.

Most of the intial work - sending out resumes, fixing up interviews, etc - will be by e-mail, so I'm going to need internet access.

Are cyber-cafes easy to find in most cities?
Or should I bring along a laptop? How easy is it for a just-arrived migrant to get phone line?

Thanks.
-dex
Loads of internet cafes in Perth. Very easy to get a phone line, just give them a call and they'll connect you up.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internet Access ?

Originally posted by owieb
Loads of internet cafes in Perth. Very easy to get a phone line, just give them a call and they'll connect you up.
Plenty of cafes, expensive in my opinion, AUD3 per hour, adds up. lines and internet access easy, strongly suggest you bring laptop and sign up, you can do it for a month or more. restricted use starts around AUD10, less restricted around AUD20. Trick as I see it is to minimize telephone calls at AUD0.2 each by getting a system which has no session limits and staying on all day if possible (you can overcome idle time limits by programming your e-mail to dial in frequently). We tried several and imo think best value/quality is www.onedex.com.au at AUD22 monthly for short periods and www.fishingwa.com at AUD15 monthly for longer periods.

But we found internet cafes quickly get very expensive.

Good luck

David W