British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   International Transfer from ANZ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/international-transfer-anz-514206/)

ameya Feb 14th 2008 3:19 am

International Transfer from ANZ!

Folks,

I have got an ANZ access advantage account because this account allows multiple transfers...

Just wanted to know whether i can transfer international funds from Australia to India from this account using ANZ internet banking?

Thanx a ton! :thumbsup:

Wendy Feb 14th 2008 3:26 am

Re: International Transfer from ANZ!

Originally Posted by ameya (Post 5929942)
Folks,

I have got an ANZ access advantage account because this account allows multiple transfers...

Just wanted to know whether i can transfer international funds from Australia to India from this account using ANZ internet banking?

Yes, there is an International Funds transfer option on the ANZ internet banking site. Not sure how it works, or if you need to set it up first though :)

esperanza Feb 14th 2008 3:27 am

The easiest way would be to ring them up, I reckon!
Find out what the charges would be, and then find out if there's a cheaper way of doing it with an exchange company.

Good luck!

ameya Feb 14th 2008 3:55 am

Thanx a ton folks...

I did enquire with ANZ branch in Mumbai and they advised me i can do it, perhaps, when i land in Adelaide i would get a clearer picture :)

OzSheila Feb 14th 2008 4:10 am

Folks,

Yes, I used this service a couple of weeks ago to transfer money to the UK - it cost A$24.

HTH

bridie Feb 14th 2008 4:30 am

Originally Posted by OzSheila (Post 5930076)
Yes, I used this service a couple of weeks ago to transfer money to the UK - it cost A$24.

HTH

could work out better to use one of the transfer companies (like Ozforex) who dont generally charge fees

Even if it's only a small amount you're transferring you could use their Tranzfers division, cost £7

Pollyana Feb 14th 2008 7:16 am

Originally Posted by bridie (Post 5930124)
could work out better to use one of the transfer companies (like Ozforex) who dont generally charge fees

Even if it's only a small amount you're transferring you could use their Tranzfers division, cost £7

USing Tranzfers for that would only have been $15.

DOn't know if the OP can use Tranzfers fro India though.

amt383 Jul 3rd 2008 3:18 pm

I just transferred £250 over through HSBC to ANZ.. cost £9... didn't think that was too bad...

isgraham Jul 3rd 2008 11:38 pm

Folks,

You have to register to do international funds transfers I think you can do it on the web site and they will then send you a letter with some registration details to activate that part of your account. I've done it a few times transfering small sums over to Brazil.