Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

International mail redirection

International mail redirection

Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:23 pm
ODDBALL

Default International mail redirection

Has anybody used this service from the post office? It costs £44 for 6 months so it is not bad value if the mail gets through in one piece.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:31 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: International mail redirection

Originally Posted by ODDBALL
Has anybody used this service from the post office? It costs £44 for 6 months so it is not bad value if the mail gets through in one piece.
Sorry not used it,but will have to,do you have by chance the cost for a year?
Thanks,
Donna.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:31 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using it at the mo and have had no probs what so ever...........oh and u even get all ur junk mail lol and hubby had a magazine subscription over there, so his mag got delivered here also
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:36 pm
ODDBALL

Originally Posted by madsad
Sorry not used it,but will have to,do you have by chance the cost for a year?
Thanks,
Donna.
12 Months is £66.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it works, but why pay that if most of what you get is junk. For a start, the amount of junk I used to get would never fit in the tiny mailbox here!
PAy for a UK redirection for a year, have it all sent to a friend/relative and they can send on anything important. My year expired yesterday, and I could count on one hand the stuff that has had to be sent on.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

12 Months is £66.
Thank you Oddball!
We will give it a go,considering its got H,s seal of approval
Donna.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 4:47 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
Thank you Oddball!
We will give it a go,considering its got H,s seal of approval
Donna.
WE JUST DID IT FOR 3 MONTHS AND IT WAS SURPRISING THE AMOUNT OF STUFF WE HAD FORGOTTEN TO CANCEL OR CHANGE ADDRESS ON

U AINT BEEN ON MSN FIR AGES....HOPE ALL IS WELL

H
XX
Old Oct 15th 2004, 5:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've used it for 2 years now. Works fine apart from the fistfulls of rubber bands, empty crisp packets, safeway special offer leaflets (x 10 or 20) and the label with "Dan, Dan the w*nker man" written on it.

I used to be a postman and it's my ex-colleagues way of telling me they miss me. Probably.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we used it for 2 yrs. ( we were amazed at the incompetence of the banks and building societies in UK even though we sent change of addresses to them) post kept being sent to our UK address . IMHO it was good value for the money. (I also had a magazine sub. that continued to be delivered via the redirection service)
OTOH when we left Singapore the max time you can buy redirection is 1 month and thats only within Singapore so we had post sent to hubbys Sing. office then the secretary forwarded it to us months later!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:57 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helinuk
Yes we used it for 2 yrs. ( we were amazed at the incompetence of the banks and building societies in UK even though we sent change of addresses to them) post kept being sent to our UK address . IMHO it was good value for the money. (I also had a magazine sub. that continued to be delivered via the redirection service)
OTOH when we left Singapore the max time you can buy redirection is 1 month and thats only within Singapore so we had post sent to hubbys Sing. office then the secretary forwarded it to us months later!

We have got one aswell and have told all our family and friends to still send stuff to our UK address, cant see the point in them paying international postage when we are already paying for redirection.

Stupid me got my husbands mag subscription changed to the AU address and paid extra before I thought about mail redirection

JD
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:56 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I have used IR for about 7 years now, this year to Oz but previously for 6 months at a time to the US.

This time all worked OK except that the day before it was due to start my Postie in the UK had heard nothing from the admin people.

However, I had nothing but trouble before: they sent confirmation using the wrong address, twice using the wrong name, they got the dates totally wrong several times and "corrected" them - to the wrong dates again - and so on. One year I think I had to have five amended redirection notices before it all came together correct on the one sheet!

Then again if you phone them you will get totally different advice from different (consultants" as we must call them nowadays. One will say that yes you CAN change the end date by phone, another that only a fax will do and another will say they are not allowed to do it!

The whole place needs a bomb up the *ss if my experience is anything to go by.

On the actual operation of the system it does appear that you get no buses for several days and then five come along at once <g>. This could have been the American PO's paranoia over terrorism though....

But as I said, this year it's been fine.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
WE JUST DID IT FOR 3 MONTHS AND IT WAS SURPRISING THE AMOUNT OF STUFF WE HAD FORGOTTEN TO CANCEL OR CHANGE ADDRESS ON

U AINT BEEN ON MSN FIR AGES....HOPE ALL IS WELL

H
XX

Yeah alls well H, Lots of ups & downs lately! catch up soon x
Donna.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 6:50 am
jsg
Forum Regular

jsg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
...I had nothing but trouble before: they sent confirmation using the wrong address, twice using the wrong name, they got the dates totally wrong several times and "corrected" them - to the wrong dates again - and so on. One year I think I had to have five amended redirection notices before it all came together correct on the one sheet!...
However, if you complain, they do refund the fees promptly.