Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

international drivers licence??

international drivers licence??

Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default international drivers licence??

Hi

My husband and I are emigrating to brisbane May 06. Steve (husband) thinks he heard somewhere that if you apply for one of these you dont need to take theory test for a year rather than 3 months. He is going on a spouse visa if this makes a difference?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Laura
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:25 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: international drivers licence??

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi

My husband and I are emigrating to brisbane May 06. Steve (husband) thinks he heard somewhere that if you apply for one of these you dont need to take theory test for a year rather than 3 months. He is going on a spouse visa if this makes a difference?

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Laura
I think most states if not all now give you an Aussie one after a look at your UK , Show it , get your picky taken and pay for it and there you go, no theory test.
Happy days
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:27 pm

Read this
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323202
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Perthforme
thanks for this, I think I have already read that post, but I think you still need the theory test in queensland all other states you dont
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:52 pm

thanks for this, I think I have already read that post, but I think you still need the theory test in queensland all other states you dont
Your internat licence will last a year but i think as a resident you still need to get it done in 3 months !
The theory test should be pretty easy, can you practise it on line with QLD ?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Your internat licence will last a year but i think as a resident you still need to get it done in 3 months !
The theory test should be pretty easy, can you practise it on line with QLD ?

Thanks, I will tell him he will have to get studying when he gets there, were not going for 8 months.

I cant drive anyway but may have passed my time by the time I get there, although maybe not I am pretty crap.

Whats the practical driving test standards like over there? Is it easier? Do they make you do stupid manoeuvres you would never really do?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:55 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I will tell him he will have to get studying when he gets there, were not going for 8 months.

I cant drive anyway but may have passed my time by the time I get there, although maybe not I am pretty crap.

Whats the practical driving test standards like over there? Is it easier? Do they make you do stupid manoeuvres you would never really do?
Try this for road rules tests

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/L...drive_yourkeys

hope this helps

alk