Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

internal flights

internal flights

Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute
Default internal flights

Hi all, Been stuck on the immmigration thread for so long, this feels like virgin territory! Now the proud owner of a visa soooooo many questions! Is it cheaper to book internal flights from here, or to wait until we get over there?
Thanks! (Won't be long til the next question pops up!)
Bexie
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:14 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: internal flights

Originally Posted by Bexie
Hi all, Been stuck on the immmigration thread for so long, this feels like virgin territory! Now the proud owner of a visa soooooo many questions! Is it cheaper to book internal flights from here, or to wait until we get over there?
Bexie
You can book them on the web - same price UK and Oz. Try Virgin Blue and Jetstar for starters.

Buzzy
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Bexie
for availability check out:

www.iwantthatflight.com.au

ususally cheaper the further ahead you book.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Bexie
were heading out to Oz in June and have booked flights to Sydney for a few days through virgin blue, same price whether booking in the UK or Oz.
Old Apr 5th 2007, 2:35 pm
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

www.webjet.com.au
Old Apr 5th 2007, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adriang
Thanks all of you!
Old Apr 5th 2007, 4:08 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold

Bexie
I can only not recommend Qantas for internal flights, their planes are dirty, seats torn, male stewardess (yes I mean stewardess ) were useless, meals were rotten and I would never fly with them again . Sorry but thats my opinion, (we flew Brisbane -Perth and back). However, if I'm right they were the cheapest, for a reason!
Clairex
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:07 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

I fly about 6 return flights a month, and Qantas and Virgin are much the same in my opinion. You still get something to eat and drink with Qantas, but when I have a choice, I take Virgin. I'm hoping my next flight to the UK will be with frequent flier points!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adriang
I fly about 6 return flights a month, and Qantas and Virgin are much the same in my opinion. You still get something to eat and drink with Qantas, but when I have a choice, I take Virgin. I'm hoping my next flight to the UK will be with frequent flier points!
Not a lot of choice after all, its a Virgin-Qantas duopoly, and they are both as good/bad as the other.
More likely to get free FF flights on Qantas though than you are to get free Velocity ones with Virgin, so sometimes its worth using them just to get the points up
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

We've always used Qantas internally and booked directly on their website - and never had a complaint. The last flight we took with them (22nd Dec, Brissie to Sydney) we had exceptionally good service, which I was all the more impressed with given the time of year.