British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   An interesting trip holidaying back to the UK? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/interesting-trip-holidaying-back-uk-786071/)

blackcab Feb 3rd 2013 3:48 am

An interesting trip holidaying back to the UK?

I have never done this before, we might be though? If you decided Oz is not right for you, you decided to throw in thew towel, no RRV, you were never coming back. So, well we have nothing to ship, we can just leave as we are discarding all we own here, and buying new in the UK if we leave Oz. How would you do it. Obviously there are cost constaints. My thought, and was wondering on advice as to what costs and which airlines to use. But we thought maybe fly to Sydney, or drive, have say four nights in a hotel, see Sydney, we have never been there. Then fly onto LA, it will be cheaper to fly from Sydney to LA, rather than Brisbane. Have two or three weeks in LA, visit Vegas and San Francisco, then fly home to London. What sort of costs would you think we would encounter two adults? Anyone got any better ideas, four weeks to get home, do not want to be spending four or five times going through airports and customs. Thanks

Chris N Lora Feb 3rd 2013 4:25 am

Re: An interesting trip holidaying back to the UK?

Originally Posted by blackcab (Post 10521600)
I have never done this before, we might be though? If you decided Oz is not right for you, you decided to throw in thew towel, no RRV, you were never coming back. So, well we have nothing to ship, we can just leave as we are discarding all we own here, and buying new in the UK if we leave Oz. How would you do it. Obviously there are cost constaints. My thought, and was wondering on advice as to what costs and which airlines to use. But we thought maybe fly to Sydney, or drive, have say four nights in a hotel, see Sydney, we have never been there. Then fly onto LA, it will be cheaper to fly from Sydney to LA, rather than Brisbane. Have two or three weeks in LA, visit Vegas and San Francisco, then fly home to London. What sort of costs would you think we would encounter two adults? Anyone got any better ideas, four weeks to get home, do not want to be spending four or five times going through airports and customs. Thanks

BC, if QLD is not for you why not try NSW, obviously it is down to you to decide your future but at least give it a chance we have been here 13 months gave up a good life in London also, and it has been nothing but crap at mo but hopefully it will work out if not F it will struggle to get our Citizenship then go back.

Please think wisely incase you regret it what part of London you from if you are

Pollyana Feb 3rd 2013 7:12 am

Re: An interesting trip holidaying back to the UK?

Originally Posted by blackcab (Post 10521600)

If you're going to do it this way make sure you sort out your ESTAs if you are eligible for the VWP - if you aren't, allow plenty of time to get your visas sorted.