Reload this Page >

Interesting Programme

Interesting Programme

Old Feb 18th 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interesting Programme

Hi Everyone

Came across an interesting programme called `Hot Property` it was on the Discovery Home & Leisure channel on satellite. Not sure how dated it is i think it is around four years old but if follow housebuyers looking for homes in Australia.

There are episodes five episodes on this Sunday coming back to back and they start at 6pm.

Happy viewing

footiechick
Old Feb 18th 2003, 10:17 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been watching this one too.

Don't you just love the way they walk into a double bedroom and say "this is a bit small!"

Obviously not familiar with a compact and bijou boxroom!

Steph
Old Feb 18th 2003, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interesting Programme

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Everyone

Came across an interesting programme called `Hot Property` it was on the Discovery Home & Leisure channel on satellite. Not sure how dated it is i think it is around four years old but if follow housebuyers looking for homes in Australia.

There are episodes five episodes on this Sunday coming back to back and they start at 6pm.

Happy viewing

footiechick
We watched these programmes and were trying to work out when they were made as the prices seemed rather low. Can't believe that old granny turned down the house with the tiled floor (much better than old one) but at least they seem to have good services for the olds which we may need to use one day - 40 dollars a month for cleaning etc.. shame we can't all use it!!
Old Feb 19th 2003, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

kevmitch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Interesting Programme

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Everyone

Happy viewing

footiechick
I watched them last week - it appears house hunting is an art form - with more planning required than the Gulf War!. Anyone see the woman driving into the area and knocking on possible neighbours doors? She'd visited 40 or 50 houses - and still wasn't happy.

One good tip - go when its raining and see which way the water runs. That's great, but most places are in the middle of a drought!

There was a young couple doing a 'self build' - lesson from that was definitely get somebody who knows the planning and drainage regs - this couple had submitted 5 sets of plans at a cost of $10,000, finally getting a set passed, only to fall foul (pardon the pun) of the drainage people!

Still - I'll be watching again this week!!!
Old Feb 19th 2003, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched them in Oz when I was across there last time, over two years ago.

The episodes you see now were the ones I saw which were new when I was across there.

What I'm trying to say is they are over two years old

Graham