Interest rates

Old Oct 1st 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interest rates

Hi all,

Got some dosh to bring over from NZ with me, don't know if its worth leaving it here for the time being as I can get a interest rate of 7.45%.
The plan is to buy some land and build, but we said that over here and are now on our 2nd house.

Anyway, what are the current interest rate for accounts with immediate and 30 day access ?

From signing an agreement to buy land what is the average/usual time period before you have to part with your money.

It might be worth keeping the money here, but with the NZ Pacific peso being not the most stable in the World it could be a bit of a gamble.

Hope you can help.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: Interest rates

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Hi all,

Got some dosh to bring over from NZ with me, don't know if its worth leaving it here for the time being as I can get a interest rate of 7.45%.
The plan is to buy some land and build, but we said that over here and are now on our 2nd house.

Anyway, what are the current interest rate for accounts with immediate and 30 day access ?

From signing an agreement to buy land what is the average/usual time period before you have to part with your money.

It might be worth keeping the money here, but with the NZ Pacific peso being not the most stable in the World it could be a bit of a gamble.

Hope you can help.

Ian
Hi
I currently have National accounts, but have found this as a general rule to be true.

Don't bother with 30 day notice accounts. Get an internet only savings account. For expample;

$1 plus (Isaver account) 5.90% pa
$500,000 plus (cash manager account) 5.75% pa

rates for the NAB http://www.national.com.au/Online_Se...26140#personal

We (obviously) have all our spare cash in the Isaver at instant access.

Hope this helps a little.
Regards
Abby
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Hi all,

Hope you can help.

Ian
This account has the highest rate at the moment (i think!).
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks you two

Start to work out some rough figures to go with my other rough figures !

It'll be an experience !