Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interest Rates!!!!!!

Interest Rates!!!!!!

Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:57 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interest Rates!!!!!!

HI ALL (boring thread alert!!!)

just heard the interest rates gone down (in england) so good luck to all you people with your house on the market - it MAY make a difference!! need a few more cuts though i suspect, anyway you mortgage payments will go down anyway..........

fingers crossed

amanda
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:59 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Interest Rates!!!!!!

Originally Posted by amanda76
HI ALL (boring thread alert!!!)

just heard the interest rates gone down (in england) so good luck to all you people with your house on the market - it MAY make a difference!! need a few more cuts though i suspect, anyway you mortgage payments will go down anyway..........

fingers crossed

amanda
It won't do the exchange rate much good will it ?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Anyone any thoughts on how this will affect the exchange rates? Will it be worse for us looking to exchange to dollars?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paulb
Anyone any thoughts on how this will affect the exchange rates? Will it be worse for us looking to exchange to dollars?
YES!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

It's only my humble opinion but it might be best to do it asap. You'll probably get about 2.3 today or just below. As Aussie Interest Rates are high it means the $ is strong. Also Aussie copper is an expensive trading commodity apparently which keeps the $ strong.

If anyone wants to disagree then let me know quick as I'm about to bite the bullet and forward contract!

Mrs J
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think it will make much difference as it has been predicted and therefore factored in for a few months now.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

blairie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spottydog
I don't think it will make much difference as it has been predicted and therefore factored in for a few months now.
I agree but more worryingly I can see the pound getting weaker as your economy may be heading for some stormy waters and the economy here seems to be going along nicely.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

According to Tranzfers, the $ is gonna get stronger.