Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Integration and some other thoughts on stuff

Integration and some other thoughts on stuff

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really nice
Default Integration and some other thoughts on stuff

I've been knuckling down and studying away so that I will get my IT qualifications and also some equestrian qualifications as well so that if I decide to apply in a years time I will have the best possible chance.

However this week something happened that got me thinking about this. My Dad had go into hospital for a routine op. Now thankfully everything went fine and hes currently complaining (good sign) that hes bored and wants out (after the weekend ). Now my sister who I share a house with has said that she will be moving back down south in about 2 to 3 years, which has helped to focus my mind about working hard for the next year, as she wants to be near the folks. This means whatever happens we're moving one way or the other.

So for those who are already there. How do you cope with being so far away in light of anything happening to elderly parents ??

Also for those there how did you go about integrating yourself into Australian life and how long did it take ??. I've read both the good and bad points elsewhere on the board and have wondered how people cope when it hits home that they are "in Australia"