Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insuring dog whilst in quarantine

insuring dog whilst in quarantine

Old Jun 4th 2010, 8:50 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default insuring dog whilst in quarantine

Can I insure my dog before she leaves the UK. I have found a website that insures her from droping her off at Heathrow up until 24hours after arrival in Perth and then that is it. I am worried as she will then have no insurance should anything happen whilst she is in quarantine. Just wanted to know what other people have done in regards to insuring their dog or cat whilst in quarantine.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insuring dog whilst in quarantine

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Can I insure my dog before she leaves the UK. I have found a website that insures her from droping her off at Heathrow up until 24hours after arrival in Perth and then that is it. I am worried as she will then have no insurance should anything happen whilst she is in quarantine. Just wanted to know what other people have done in regards to insuring their dog or cat whilst in quarantine.
Surely while she's in quarantine, she's the responsibility of the quarantine place, and insurance is their problem?

How can you insure something that you have no control over?

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Surely while she's in quarantine, she's the responsibility of the quarantine place, and insurance is their problem?

How can you insure something that you have no control over?

Cheers

Steve
I wouldn't have thought so, if an illness is discovered whilst in quarantine I can't see the quarantine station picking up the bills for expensive veterinary treatment.

I would just get some normal pet insurance I think.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I wouldn't have thought so, if an illness is discovered whilst in quarantine I can't see the quarantine station picking up the bills for expensive veterinary treatment.

I would just get some normal pet insurance I think.
you would have to get an insurance company to cover the whole period he is away from you i would think..

most of the insurance companies here have a period that you can not claim for ,so that would be most of the time the dog was in quarantine...

im sure we insured our cat?sure we did?
why dont you ask the company your shipping it with?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:24 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

If my memory serves me, my cat was only insured once he came out of quarantine.

He did actually get diarrhoea while he was in there and the staff had to get the vet to him, however they didnt charge us for it but I think that was more goodwill on their part because you do sign a form saying that you will be responsible for any veterinary charges while your animal is staying there.

I am sure Petplan told me they couldnt cover him while he was in there but I would need to double check.